Deloitte Consulting - Energy, Resources & Industrials - Senior Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the division
At Deloitte, we collaborate with our industry clients on today’s most pressing, multi-dimensional challenges while uncovering new opportunities for tomorrow by translating deep industry experience into actionable insights and delivering results through innovative capabilities. We’re business integrators who meld strategy, analysis, operations, and technology. At Deloitte Consulting, our Systems Engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
What you will do?
To support Engagement Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project in a programme management capacity. Hypothesis development. This would include Customer and market segmentation, Application of methods, Trends and forecasting capability, Problem solving, Analytical capability, Financial modelling, Storyboarding and Report writing.
Contacting key stakeholders at potential clients to establish rapport, arrange meetings and develop relationships. Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives. Researching organisations and individuals to identify new opportunities.
Strategy Specialized / Technical Capabilities
- Defines the Market - Ability to analyse the external environment and appreciate its importance in the formulation of an organization’s strategy
Shapes the Strategy - Ability to help shape a client’s strategy by providing insights to help them create an advantaged position in the market
Support the execution – Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the execution of large transformation programmes
Develops Sector and Offering Knowledge - Ability to build sector and market offering knowledge and apply it to influence a client’s strategic direction
- Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
- Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Sound mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
Cross Consulting / Core Professional Capabilities
Delivery Excellence - Ability to produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client’s business
Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to select appropriate methods for collecting and analysing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
Client Presence - Ability to deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instil confidence in clients
Logical Structuring - Ability to organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
Global Mind-set - Ability to apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving
Technology Fluency - Ability to apply technical knowledge to address client business challenges
Qualifications & experience required
- Degree/Post Graduate Qualification:
- BSC Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Mining, Chemical, etc.) (Business Sciences)
- Business Administration (MBA or equivalent)
- Energy, Resources & Industrial Products industry experience
- Management consulting experience
- 10 years’ working experience
- 5 years in a client-facing role, 3 of these in a management role
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.