Audit Quality & Risk: Data Scientist - Manager/Senior Manager (JHB, CPT and DBN)
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. Click here to read more about our Audit & Assurance practice.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
This will be one of the core skillsets for Systems of Quality Control for the Deloitte Africa Audit Firm.
Qualification and Experience
· Degree in Statistics/Computer Science/ Engineering/ Mathematics (or combination of)
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
· Expert level knowledge of SQL
· Advanced EXCEL
· Experience using C#/R
· Experience using PowerBI or similar tools
· Demonstrated ability to identify problems and provide solution
· Ability to maintain effective workflow under pressure.
· Logical, analytical & problem-solving ability.
· Excellent communicative abilities and sound interpersonal skills.
· Business acumen and grasp of governance and related matters.
· Ability to resolve conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to interact professionally at all levels of management, employees as well as internal and external stakeholders.
· Working with lead client services partners, business leaders and risk officers / champions to operate effectively within the broader risk community.
· Obtain an understanding of the Deloitte Audit Business and industries within which our clients functions.
· Modelling of complex business problems,
· Identifying opportunities to improve business processes (and systems of quality control) through data analysis.
· Design and Implementing of solutions such as business intelligence reports, automated data comparisons,
· Simplifying complex manual processes into simple automated (or semi-automated) processes, and
· Engaging with stakeholders efficiently across the business.
· Identify and build appropriate models/other solutions for use in the company's operations
· Mining large structured and unstructured (internal and external) datasets for data exploration to find new insights to create systems of quality control
* Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.