People and Purpose - Talent Acquisition Manager
- Waterfall, Johaneesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Marketing and Communications
- Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
Main Purpose of Job
To build a sustainable and mutually beneficial Talent Relationship with the Business through the provision of Top Talent as well as Talent Intelligence.
To effectively delivery talent acquisition services to the business while building a sustainable and mutually beneficial Talent Relationship with the Business through the provision of Top Talent as well as Talent Intelligence.
We require a Manager to closely manage a number of Stakeholders and drive the recruitment of specialized skills such as S4Hana, Technology Strategy, Vision & Architecture, Business of Technology Transformation, Enterprise Technology Agility Advisory, Enterprise Digital Services, IOT Strategy & Architecture, Hybrid Platforms, Finance Strategy, Supply Management & Digital Procurement, and Supply Chain Transformation.
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic Impact - Interrogates, clearly understands and communicates to team the agreed strategic objectives of both own Service Area and that of the client Service Line/s
- Client Impact: External / Internal - Manages quality and timeliness of day-to-day deliverables of team in area of expertise to client
- Operational Effectiveness - Manages day-to-day operations and delivery by team to clients
- Guides and directs daily work of team members giving recognition as well as support as needed
- Development/Growth of Team - Recruits, mentors and guides team members and shares expertise and knowledge with counselees on an ongoing basis. Identifies areas of development for team and institute plans to address these
- Budgets / Profitability - Provides input into annual budget to superior for drafting of budget for Service Area
Differentiators for this specific role
- Ensure that workforce planning forms the foundation of your operational plan, with the cooperation and insight of strategic stakeholders within your business unit.
- Ensure that you become a trusted Talent Advisor within the Business Unit through comprehensive communication and relationship development with key stakeholders.
- Full accountability and ownership of all vacancies within the Business Unit.
- Full accountability and ownership for the entire recruitment process within the business unit, this includes adherence to policies and procedures.
- Full utilisation of the Sourcing Team as the predominant means of obtaining candidates.
- With candidates provided by the sourcing team, builds a healthy and engaged talent pipeline.
- Full utilisation of the Coordination Team
- Through Talent Intelligence and Initiatives, ensure that you are able to strategically and proactively identify and build relationships with talent pools.
- Utilise Talent pools as potential sources for the Sourcing Team.
- Ensure that you are consciously and actively marketing the Talent Team, your Business Unit and Deloitte through a variety of mediums and channels; this includes but is not limited to Social Media and Networking.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to the recruitment process and the reporting thereof.
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Skilled in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experienced in communication and implementation of strategy
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Good report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Effective problem solving ability
- Excellent business acumen
Qualifications & Experience
- Honours Degree
- 7 years’ working experience within the relevant function
- Experience in technology recruitment
- Existing technology candidate network