Experienced Transaction Services Practitioners - Manager / Senior Manager - Financial Advisory
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
About the Division
Our Financial Advisory team specialises in taking facts and figures and then adding insight and expertise to maximise value and impact for our clients. Our integrated approach means our clients enjoy ‘one point of call’ that encompasses every aspect of a transaction.
Together with other Deloitte services such as Tax, Consulting and Legal, we provide a comprehensive solution to clients, using global best practice and our global and local network.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Serving clients (mainly international) on service delivery responsibility.
- Honour’s degree in Finance/Investment Management/ CA(SA)
- Completed articles at top 4 Audit Firm
- 3 to 7 years working experience within a Due diligence environment.
- Postgraduate qualification in Finance/Investment Management. (CFA, MBA advantageous)
Key Performance areas:
Differentiators for this specific role
- Attain and maintain personal productivity of above 65%
- Ability to appropriately scope an engagement and prepare a budget
- Responsibility for entire engagement (including management of other workstreams) plus sections allocated to you and delivery on these sections at an above acceptable level of quality, with few review queries and within the deadline.
- Effective review of other team members sections, identification of risk and issues in each team member’s section and monitoring of other team members to ensure that they are addressing these issues in their sections.
- Consolidation of entire report and key findings and ability to identify common themes, deal issues, follow up matters and appropriate recommendations
- Responsibility for risk management and quality control procedures
- Winning Business. Demonstrate an awareness of the need to win new business and knowledge of Deloitte services (based on assignment feedback).
- Active involvement in successful proposals totaling R2 million.
Core Technical/Professional Capabilities
- Develops analytical models that can be visualized and interpreted convincingly to inform recommendations
- Plans and executes engagements that deliver a superior client experience
- Acts as a financial advisor across a broad spectrum of transactions through sophisticated analyses of financial information
- Builds an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stays up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, and leading practices
- Applies quality assurance, risk management, and confidentiality procedures in all areas of work performed and managed
- Builds expertise in one stage of the M&A lifecycle and develops network in others to position client with other technical and market experts.
Specialised Technical Capabilities
- Applies experience in transactions with sector knowledge to inform
- strategic and operational decisions and resulting financial implications in terms of a deal
- Identifies risks and pricing considerations when conducting diligence
- Begins to develop expertise in specific aspects of integration or separation value creation services to provide tailored solutions to support client
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales skills
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability