Audit & Assurance: Audit Analytics Centre of Excellence - Data Analyst
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. Click here to read more about our Audit & Assurance practice.
Main Purpose of Job
To extract client data for use by specified Audit teams, including General Ledger data as well as data used in either the DWW analytics or in more bespoke requests. Extraction could be either through accessing the clients IT environment ( extractor tools) or by providing them the required fields that they can then extract.
3 years B Degree / 3 years Diploma in area of specialization (IT/Coding/Data)
Post graduate qualification / relevant certification
1 years work experience
2 years, one being within the specialization
Differentiators for the role
Data Extraction Specialist
- Be the engagement team’s first point of call when using the Analytics Solution for trouble shooting or general functionality queries; providing them with assistance and guidance in the use of our bespoke Analytics Solution.
- Provide support for data acquisition and extraction from clients accounting systems
- Carry out the manipulation and upload of the more complex data sets from a variety of finance systems across various business areas and clients into an in-house built system.
- Have a high level understanding of the system being supported and use Microsoft SQL to troubleshoot any issues raised by the Audit practice.
- Data manipulation using tools such as Excel and Microsoft SQL
- Perform reconciliations to verify the completeness of datasets provided by making use of problem-solving skills and understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Carry out data quality checks which will be needed to be raised to the Audit practice or client as appropriate
- Help the Audit Practice troubleshoot problems with the system
- Assist and guide audit teams with data extraction from client systems.
* Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.