Internal Client Services- People & Purpose- Consultant- Talent Acquisition
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Marketing and Communications
- Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
Main Purpose of Job
To build a sustainable and mutually beneficial Talent Relationship with the Business through the provision of Top Talent as well as Talent Intelligence.
Key Performance Area
- Under minimal guidance, supports the team in the delivery of services to clients in line with the defined strategic objectives
- Supports management in the implementation of change initiatives as directed
- Develops relationships with peer group in the client business to understand their business
- Participates in team efforts to find solutions to address issues in area of expertise that may enhance / renew service offerings to client
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Works collaboratively with own team and that of the client service line/area to deliver quality service in allocated tasks
- Proactively consults with senior/s on issues arising that may impact the broader deliverables of the team to clients
- Provides research output relating to thought leadership / technical matters on request from line management
- Raises areas of concern related to own/team delivery of service for discussion and resolution
- With minimal supervision, completes designated tasks for review by line, ensuring deadlines are met
- Provides line manager and team with detailed reporting on status of deliverables on a regular basis
- Remains aware of risk in area of expertise in alignment with Deloitte policies and processes
- Checks work for accuracy and professional presentation prior to submission for review
Development/Growth of Team
- Cultivates ability to give effective development feedback both upwards and to peers
- Actively works to address identified development areas
- Assists junior staff with day-to-day issues
Budgets / Profitability
- Effective use of time, equipment and resources
Differentiators for this specific role
- Ensure that workforce planning forms the foundation of your operational plan, with the cooperation and insight of strategic stakeholders within your business unit.
- Ensure that you become a trusted Talent Advisor within the Business Unit through comprehensive communication and relationship development with key stakeholders.
- Full accountability and ownership of all vacancies within the Business Unit.
- Full accountability and ownership for the entire recruitment process within the business unit, this includes adherence to policies and procedures.
- Full utilisation of the Coordination Team
- Through Talent Intelligence and Initiatives ensure that you are able to strategically and proactively identify and build relationships with talent pools.
- Ensure that you are consciously and actively marketing the Talent Team, your Business Unit and Deloitte through a variety of mediums and channels, this includes but is not limited to Social Media and Networking.
- Building talent pools and industry related talent maps
- Sourcing / headhunting by utilising Linkedin Recruiter and other platforms (Boolean searches etc.)
National Diploma in relevant function and studying towards degree
3 years’ working experience within the relevant function
2 years’ at Junior Consultant level within the function
Understanding of Corporate Finance and Auditing industry beneficial
- Understanding of various Labour Legislations & Acts such as BCEA, DOL, BEE etc.
- Effective client interaction, analysis and project management skills
- Experience in drafting of presentations and reports for review
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Basic financial knowledge and understanding
- Ability to communicate and engage with Senior Stakeholders
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Desire to develop self
- Client delivery focus
- Focus on quality and awareness of risk
- Problem solving ability
- Displays business acumen
Talent Standards : Senior Support Staff Capabilities
Living our Purpose: Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
Influence: Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
Performance drive: Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
Strategic direction: Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
Talent development: Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities