Risk Advisory - Data Analytics - Technical Lead BI & Analytics - Senior Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related problems and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
Main Purpose of Job
Technical leadership on Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics Projects
Sets Strategy and Drives Delivery Excellence for Technology and Data Risk Solutions
Ability to lead client and teams through end-to-end design and delivery of forward looking, holistic, and business-aligned Technology and Data Risk solutions / engagements
· Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
· Strong business acumen
· Demonstrated leadership skills leading technical implementations
· Ability to manage and execute projects
· Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
· Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
· As an SME, create complex data & analytics solutions to solve client problems as input to the sales process and then as part of engagement delivery.
Knowledge and experience across multiple areas including:
· Multiple Business Intelligence and Analytic technologies on premise and Cloud (Microsoft, SAP, AWS, Google, Teradata etc.)
· Programming Coding in variety of languages (SAS, SQL, R, Python etc.)
· Business Analysis (including business process mapping)
· Data Modelling
· Data Management
· Data Science
· Data Engineering (extractions, transformations, loading patterns)
· Descriptive analytics (ability to extract insights and trends from data based on requirements)
· Leading technical implementation teams
· Continuous learning mindset
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Able to deliver multiple engagements on time and within budget
· Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls in complex projects and situations
· Creates a culture of trust, ownership and accountability across teams and projects
· On the job coaching for managers and professional staff and taking accountability for multiple large engagements
· Manages large engagement / multiple engagement deadlines holistically, identifying risks and escalating
· Drives continuous improvement
BSC Computer Science, BSC Honours Computer Science, BSC Maths Statistics, BEng (all disciplines), BCom (Informatics preferred). Or if direct entry proven experience in data & analytics and other relevant any qualifications (e.g. certifications in analytics technology platforms and techniques)
Certifications or Advanced degrees in Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics and Analytics technology specific certifications.
10 years’ relevant (Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics and Analytics technology) working experience.
10 years relevant working experience in a client facing role; 5 of these in a management role. Business development / market making experience preferred. Or
10 years analytics delivery experience with subject matter expert knowledge in Data Management / Data Engineering / Data Science / Data Analytics / Analytics technology. Is recognised as an expert in their chosen domain having architected and delivered numerous complex analytics and data solutions.
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.