Risk Advisory – Data Analytics – BI Data Warehouse Modeller - Senior Consultant to Manager Opportunities
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related problems and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
Main Purpose of Job
As an experienced Business Intelligence resource, you will bring your knowledge and expertise to ensure the design and development of data models that meet business requirements which are aligned to the architectural framework.
Engagement management and team development will also be a focus at Manager level and above.
You will also be expected to develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Main tasks and responsibilities are:
· Design data models that meet the business requirements and align to the agreed architecture framework.
· Ensure data modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget to meet commitment to stakeholders.
· Ensure all data modelling activities and deliverables are aligned to the development methodology and to the data modelling principles and standards
· Apply the approved tooling to create the data modelling deliverables.
· Gather and translate business requirements into data requirements.
· Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues, relationships, patterns and rules in the data.
· Structure data requirements into logical data constructs based on the Enterprise Data Model, including ERD models, dimensional models to ensure optimal implementation.
· Compile Source to Target Mapping Specifications
· Ensure complete and correct data by identifying definitive or authoritative source of data; analysing source data; and identifying gaps
· Enable physical implementation of the data structure by generating the first cut physical data model from the logical data model.
· Facilitate dataflow understanding by collating dataflow diagrams outlining the flow of data across systems and interfaces.
· Reduce non-value adding work by identifying opportunity for re-use of the Enterprise Data Models
· Manage and execute projects
· Manage pilots to realize quick wins
· Organize functional work based on how it adds value and where it needs to be performed
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Desire to develop self
· Client delivery focus
· Focus on quality
· Problem solving ability
Qualifications & Experience required
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology or business informatics or computer science, engineering or related qualifications/ experience.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience for Senior Consultant roles
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience for Management roles
· Broad understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development lifecycle methodologies and IT Architecture
· Experience in data modelling and knowledge of common data modelling methodologies (Kimball, Vault, Inmon etc)
· Experience with data modelling software packages (SAP PowerDesigner, Erwin, TM1, etc)
· Experience with SSAS, SAS, Denodo, Snowflake and other relevant virtualisation packages
· Cloud knowledge and experience prefferred: Azure, AWS, Snowflake
· Preferred front-end tools: Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBi
· Ability to manage and execute projects
· Able to manage pilots to realize quick wins
· Ability to organize functional work based on how it adds value and where it needs to be performed
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.