Risk Advisory – Data Analytics - BI and Analytics Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related problems and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
The main purpose of this role is to play a team lead role in the delivery of the solutions.
Your responsibilities include:
· Creating and presenting client proposals
· Work closely with data governance and data science specialists
· Knowledge and experience across multiple areas including:
· Insights Driven Data & Analytics strategy development
· Programming Coding in variety of languages (SAS, SQL, R, Python etc.)
· Business Analysis (including business process mapping)
· Data Modelling
· Data Management
· Data Engineering (extractions, transformations, loading patterns)
· Descriptive analytics (ability to extract insights and trends from data based on requirements)
· Cloud Analytics (AWS and AZURE) or SAP Analytics
· Relevant Technical fundamentals at that point in time to what the market is procuring
· Continuous learning mindset
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective engagement management
· Able to deliver engagements on time and within budget
· Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls
· Ability to provide leadership and guidance/coaching to junior member of the team
· Ability to inspire and enthuse others to commitment and involvement taking accountability for larger engagements
· Manages large engagement / multiple engagement deadlines holistically, identifying risks and escalating.
· Able to work under pressure
· Ownership of deliverables driving team quality and risk management.
BSC Computer Science, BSC Honours Computer Science, BSC Maths Statistics, BEng (all disciplines), BCom (Informatics preferred). Or if direct entry proven experience in data & analytics and other relevant any qualifications (e.g. certifications in analytics technology platforms and techniques)
Certifications or Advanced degrees in Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics and Analytics technology specific certifications.
· 7 years working experience
· Management Experience
· Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
· Demonstrated leadership skills in leading and managing technical business intelligence implementations
· Expertise with data warehouses and data lakes
· Experience with Multiple Business Intelligence and Analytic technologies on premise and Cloud (Microsoft, SAP, AWS, Google, Teradata etc.)
8 years related experience
Consulting experience is advantageous
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.