Risk Advisory - Data Analytics – Data Migration Capability Lead – Senior Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related problems and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
As a Data Migration Capability Lead in the Deloitte Analytics practice, you will need to understand a client’s business and leverage this context to effectively plan, build and operate a data migration capability to service the South African and broader Africa market opportunities. You will lead the data migration strategy, go to market initiatives and supporting operating model for the capability as well as creating and responding to opportunities in the market and leading data migration projects.
Typical activities that you will be required to perform are:
· Evolving the strategy, methodologies and processes that will underpin the delivery capability.
· Lead/contribute to preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations.
· Develop productive, credible and trusting relationships with current and targeted clients at all levels of their organisations.
· Develop a network of senior-level internal relationships across Deloitte to understand other business unit offerings and market own area.
· Building high performing teams to deliver on client engagements.
· Managing delivery of engagements to meet objectives and customer satisfaction.
· Ensure internal risk and admin processes are adhered to, including managing WIP, billings and cash collections.
· Defining the roles required to support execution with consideration to create a leveraged model and a clear career path for individuals in the capability.
· Monitor market demand emerging from the internal Deloitte business as well as other external data points, to ensure that the team is sufficiently capacitated.
· Defining learning paths for the capability to support optimal skills development and ability to add value to clients during delivery.
· Defining the tools and technology that the capability will be founded on and processes to assess whether the technologies should be adapted based on emerging trends.
· Actively coach, mentor and develop less experienced professionals in data migration
· Translate broader strategies into a compelling team vision and goals.
· Apply deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement and support the Data Analytics leadership in the implementation of strategic plans through the effective management of teams.
· Adopt a holistic view when recommending solutions, leveraging leading practices to align data migration solutions.
· Maintain own development and knowledge in data migration, building eminence both internally and externally.
· Inspire teams in a way that drives enthusiasm and motivates them to deliver on engagement goals.
· Practical knowledge of data quality principles, data profiling and data quality tools. Ability to assess, design data quality approaches and processes under supervision.
· Practical knowledge of source to target mapping tools and capabilities.
· Practical knowledge of systems implementation lifecycles and how data migration incorporates with other aspects such as UAT, SIT, Cut-over, go-live, post go-live support.
· Practical knowledge of master data and reference data management.
· Practical knowledge of meta-data concepts, standards, processes and tools. Ability to design meta-data artefacts.
· Practical knowledge of integration methods, processes and tools. Ability to assess and design and execute data integration processes.
· Practical knowledge designing a technical solution framework (specifically for data migrations) that define at what granularity solution components are built to optimise team productivity and ease of solution maintenance.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Desire to develop self
· Desire to develop others by creating a culture of learning and providing on the job coaching for managers and junior staff
· Client delivery focus
· Adaptable and flexible
· Focus on quality
· Problem solving ability
· Drives continuous improvement
Preference will be provided to candidates with bachelor’s degree or related qualifications/ experience such as:
· Information technology or business informatics
· Computer science, engineering or related qualifications
· Qualifications in data management practices such as CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional)
· 7 to 10 years of data migration project experience with hands on experience in:
o Defining migration strategy and approach
o Source data discovery and profiling
o Source to target mapping
o Facilitating the definition of data transformation / quality rules and capturing these in suitable platforms / documents
o Experience in working with business analysts and functional experts to understand key business functionality and scenarios and the data dependencies to enable these to provision required information at appropriate quality levels.
o Managing a team of migration resources
o Planning and execution of testing and mock cutovers including defining test cases.
o Management and remediation of data related defects in testing processes.
o Developing cutover plans
o Hands on management of production data migration cutover processes and remediation of incidents during and post events.
· 5+ years of data management, data modelling, data architecture, data governance and/or data analytics experience.
· Experience building capabilities and operating these to effectively support the execution of business strategies.
· Business development experience, creating market opportunities and responding to market opportunities.
· Practical experience with data tools such as SAS, SQL, Informatica, Talend, SAP data management tools, PowerBI, Qlik, SAP Hana Modelling.
· Working understanding of business functions and associated data domains.
· Ability to assist clients in evaluating technologies that support the migration of data in their specific landscape.
· Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google and understanding data migration patterns associated with these.
· Practical experience with programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, ABAP, Java, C# or .Net.
· Demonstrated ability with assisting businesses in deriving value from existing data.
· Previous consulting experience will be advantageous
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.