Risk Advisory – Data Analytics – Azure Data Engineer – Senior Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence.
Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward, to do scenario planning and predictive modelling. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
Main Purpose of Job:
As an Azure data engineer in our Data Analytics practice, you are passionate about data and technology solutions, driven to learn and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specialising in modern data solutions including data ingestion/data pipeline frameworks, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development.
Specifically, in this role, you will:
- As part of a team implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases
- Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, ETL developers & engineers, data scientists and information designers to lead identification and definition of required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities
- Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modelling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations
- Estimate effort and mentor junior colleagues
- Participate in technical meetings with client staff, and advise client with technical option analyses based on leading practices
Supports Data Analytics team in the implementation of client delivery on specific engagements. Applies deep knowledge of technology to drive continuous improvement.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Desire to develop self
· Client delivery focus
· Focus on quality
· Problem solving ability
Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desired; certifications in Azure are an asset.
3+ years’ experience in implementation of creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, supporting on-premise or Azure cloud to enable use cases in analytics and AI
3+ years’ experience with extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
3+ years’ experience with data warehousing or data lakes.
Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders, working with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.