Tax & Legal - Transfer Pricing - Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
About Deloitte Tax & Legal
We have a team of approximately 280 professional staff members across South Africa comprised of qualified charted accountants and lawyers who offer specialist insight across many industries.
Deloitte Tax professionals keep current on the latest changes that impact clients' business tax strategy, enabling clients to focus on business objectives while we address the tax requirements.
Deloitte Legal, amongst the largest legal and regulatory service providers in Africa, assists clients operating in increasingly complex legal, regulatory and digital environments through a multidisciplinary approach, combining integrated legal and commercial expertise.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To support the Transfer Pricing Tax Senior Team in providing professional and robust tax and legal advice on all local and international tax TP matters. Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Specialized Technical Capabilities
· Provides subject matter expertise in current tax legislation, proposed/pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
· Demonstrates excellent knowledge in South African Tax Laws and regulations
· Demonstrates deep knowledge in area of specialization and is recognized as a Transfer Pricing subject matter expert
· Leads client projects and solves complex technical/business issues through innovative approaches while providing direction to others
· Applies recent developments and changes relating to relevant customs practices, rules and regulations to the client’s business
· Anticipates changes in Tax Laws and provides advice on the implications for clients
· Stays current on emerging technologies, standards, and applications in order to address current/potential business opportunities and client issues
· Assesses and implements new technologies and changes to current technologies if relevant
· Applies in-depth knowledge of complex international and domestic laws to provide strategic solutions to clients business
· Challenges, tests and verifies proposed actions and procedures based on in-depth knowledge of industry, client, and international and domestic laws
· Leads and oversees complex economic analyses that enable attainment of key client’s objectives, while facilitating the definition of risk priorities
· Evaluates and recommends modeling strategies that balance reliability, project objectives and shares strategy implementation plan with client
· Adapts industry or transaction specific models to analyze complex or unique transactions
· Addresses clients' questions regarding complex issues and manages risk and expectations associated with client transactions
· Manages and adjusts data analyses based on accounting principles, financial/transactional data concepts and industry-specific/non-standard data sources
· Prioritizes and resolves various risk factors associated with economic analysis
· Determines the Transfer Pricing (TP) method and delivery approach most suitable for the project based on sufficient information gathered and client discussions identifying intellectual property issues/risks
· Ensures that key functions and risks are supportive of the methods chosen and the adjustments performed
· Reviews the functional and risk write-ups and identifies how analysis can be structured for client
· Guides others in gathering relevant data & conducting effective analyses
· Reviews complex industry write-ups and shares feedback with team
· Determines if adjustments need to be made to the analysis in light of industry or other factual circumstances
· Works with industry experts and the audit team to ensure all relevant industry factors are considered
· Provides recommendations of local or domestic income tax, corporate tax, international tax, customs, and multistate tax principles to identify
Core Professional Technical Capabilities
· Tax Laws and Rules – Understands local/country-specific tax laws and regulations to determine their implications on clients
· Delivery excellence - Develops a network of internal and external contacts within the organization to facilitate sharing/retrieving of information; encourages others to make organizational knowledge more productive
· Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving - Effectively organizes and presents complex issues, results, and recommendations to project team and clients
· Technology Tools and Solutions – Spots emerging industry specific technology trends and recommends how clients can prepare for these changes
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
· Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
· Influence - Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
· Performance drive - Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
· Strategic Direction - Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
· Talent Development - Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing team
Qualifications & Experience required
· Bachelor degree in Law, Economics or Accounting or related or CA(SA)
Relevant managerial experience in a Transfer Pricing role
· Postgraduate qualification in Taxation or Economics (Honours or Masters)
· 4-6 years’ tax experience; 3 of these in a management role
Demonstrable experience as a Transfer Pricing specialist
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.