Risk Advisory - Data Analytics - Transformational Project Market Maker Associate Director
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related problems and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
Main Purpose of Job
Supports the Business Area Leader through driving and implementation of strategy, revenue generation and business growth specifically in the area of BI and Analytics transformational projects.
· Expertise in data management with excellent industry and business knowledge
· Strong business acumen
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Sales and negotiation skills
· Ability to manage and execute projects
· Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
· Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
Across multiple areas including:
· Large BI and Analytics programme business development and delivery
· Value measurement and monitoring
· Analytics and BI solution architecture
· Multiple Business Intelligence and Analytic technologies (Microsoft, SAP, AWS, Teradata etc.) on premise and cloud
· Business Analysis (including business process mapping)
· Data Modelling
· Data Management
· Data Engineering (extractions, transformations, loading patterns)
· Descriptive analytics (ability to extract insights and trends from data based on requirements)
· Machine learning and AI
· Leading technical implementation teams
· Agile programme delivery
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Able deliver multiple engagements on time and within budget
· Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls in complex projects and situations
· Creates a culture of trust, ownership and accountability across teams and projects
· On the job coaching for managers and professional staff and taking accountability for multiple large engagements
· Manages large engagement / multiple engagement deadlines holistically, identifying risks and escalating
· Drives continuous improvement
· Custodian of the business, shaping offerings that we need to proactively take to the market
BSc in Computer Science, BSc in Honours Computer Science, BSc in Maths Statistics, BEng (all disciplines), BCom (Informatics preferred). Or if direct entry proven experience and any relevant qualifications
Certifications in analytics practices, technologies or advanced degrees in data management/data analytics, advanced degrees in business such as an MBA or MBL advantageous
12 years working experience
Analytics experience in business development and leading delivery of solutions across the spectrum (data management, data engineering, machine learning etc.) to address business requirements. Proven track record of selling and leading large organisational BI and Analytics transformation projects.
Running a team or group including P&L, or market offering.
Lead executive-level meetings, discussions and best practices development.
At least 3 years of market making experience, leading marking and sales activities (RFP responses, orals, etc.).
Board and executive level experience.
12 years relevant working in a client facing role; 6 of these in a senior management/leadership role; Business development / market making experience
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.