Risk Advisory - Data Analytics - Data Management Associate Director
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy generating business opportunities and managing risk. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Data Management, Data Engineering and Predictive Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful, timely and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related challenges and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the largest organisations, focusing on financial services and Energy & Resources with a footprint across Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
As an Associate Director the main purpose of the job is to support the Business Area Leader through driving and implementation of strategy, revenue generation and business growth specifically in the area of Data Management
· Expertise in data management with excellent industry and business knowledge
· Strong business acumen
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Sales and negotiation skills
· Ability to manage and execute projects
· Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
· Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
Across multiple areas including:
· Data Governance
· Master Data management
· Meta Data management
· Data Privacy
· Data Architecture
· Data Modelling
· Agile programme delivery
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Able deliver multiple engagements on time and within budget
· Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls in complex projects and situations
· Creates a culture of trust, ownership and accountability across teams and projects
· On the job coaching for managers and professional staff and taking accountability for multiple large engagements
· Manages large engagement / multiple engagement deadlines holistically, identifying risks and escalating
· Drives continuous improvement
· Custodian of the business, shaping offerings that we need to proactively take to the market
BSC Computer Science, BSC Honours Computer Science, BSC Maths Statistics, BEng (all disciplines), BCom (Informatics preferred). Or if direct entry proven experience and any relevant qualifications
Certifications in analytics practices, technologies or advanced degrees in data management/data analytics, advanced degrees in business such as an MBA or MBL advantageous
12 years working experience
Analytics experience in leading delivery and selling solutions across the spectrum (data management, data engineering, machine learning etc.) to address business requirements. Proven track record of successful projects in the Data management space.
Running a team or group including P&L, or market offering
Lead executive-level meetings , discussions and best practices development
Lead sales activities (RFP, orals, etc.)
Board and executive level experience
12 years relevant working in a client facing role; 6 of these in a senior management/leadership role; Business development / market making experience
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.