Assurance Services: Consultant/Senior Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function.
About Assurance Services:
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. Click here to read more about our Audit & Assurance practice.
Our strong background in audit enables us to bring deep expertise to clients in a structured & considered advisory capacity. Clients speak to us because we improve productivity & efficiency – they love being helped to make things easier. We offer many opportunities in areas of M&A transactions; complex accounting as well as Digital, where no IT background is required.
Where do we play?
- Accounting & Reporting Advisory
- Accounting Operations Advisory
- Disruptive Events Advisory
- Business Assurance
The betterment of the financial reporting produced by finance. We advise finance functions to increase their efficiency and effectiveness from the beginning to the end of the finance reporting cycle. This is now more critical than ever as clients work through their response to COVID-19 and identify the capabilities and capacity of their finance team. With the ultimate goal to recover and thrive post-pandemic.
Main purpose of the role
- Project delivery and reporting to Manager.
- Internal Controls
- Ability to assess the ‘as-is’ state of a Business Process;
- Development of a risk control matrix;
- Process Narrative and flowchart design;
- Internal control design;
- Design effectiveness testing;
- Operating effectiveness testing; and
- Internal control gap analysis and development of recommendations for the client.
- Meets all deadlines relating to internal processes i.e. e-learning requirements, expense claims, timesheets, etc.
- B Com Accounting degree and/ or B Com Honours in Internal Audit
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- 3- 5 years’ work experience
- Knowledge of: financial accounting and internal controls or SOX experience.
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Understanding of the audit and advisory businesses, and their interaction with wider firm locally and globally, strategy and challenges
- Notable experience on providing Strategic Insights to Partners
- Project management experience
- Excellent industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Solid financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal with all levels of staff & leadership
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Exceptional business acumen
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.