Risk Advisory - Tips-Offs Anonymous - Contact Centre Assistant Manager
- 2 Pencarrow Crescent, La Lucia Ridge, Durban, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte Data Analytics turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
Deloitte Forensic professionals are a diverse group with a wide and varied range of proficiencies, comprising forensic accountants, legal and law enforcement specialists, and business intelligence experts, all utilising state-of-the-art forensic technology.
Main purpose of Job
To oversee the day-to-day operations, processes and services of the call centre. In addition, to manage and execute projects that enhance efficient services within the business.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensures that the relevant operations / processes are carried out in a cost effective, efficient and timely manner to meet the needs of the business
External/ Internal Client Impact
- Builds excellent working relationships within the business in order to understand and identify internal client requirements
- Investigates, analyses, develops and implements changes to processes to better meet business needs
- Manages the work of the team ensuring efficiency of output at all times
- Develops, documents, monitors and maintains standard operating processes, to ensure optimal service delivery
- Oversees the quality of output by the team to ensure standards are maintained
- Ensures risk is mitigated in all processes in the workplace
- Maintains accurate records and provides reports as required by senior management
Development/ Growth of Team
- Responsible for on-boarding of new employees in standard operating processes and that relevant training is in place
- Identifies development areas of team members, recommends ways to address these and monitors progress
- Trains and coaches team on-the job in effective delivery of services
- Manages day-to-day performance of team, including poor performance and probation issues
- Is a mentor / counsellor to junior staff in the broader team
- Assists management / makes recommendations in the recruitment and selection process of team members
- Submits input to management for annual budgeting of equipment / supplies / asset procurement and maintenance as required for efficient operations
- Tracks and reports on costs incurred within daily operations
- Ensures routine maintenance of equipment / assets for optimal performance
- Plans ahead to ensure cost effective and seamless delivery of services
- Efficient support to Senior Management through the effective management of the Contact Centre, supervisors, agents and applicable client relationships in accordance with the required service level agreements and business processes.
- Overall responsibility for the planning, organising, rostering, and control of the contact centre. Manages the activities within the department through subordinate supervisors, ensuring that staffing levels are maintained, training is provided, industrial relations issues are attended to, operational processes are adhered to and/or developed, and that company standards and productivity levels are maintained. Ensures that principles of Transformation are adhered to.
- Proactively minimise the risk exposure of the business at all times through compliance with all client SLA's, internal and external policies, resolution of internal/external queries and/or concerns, procedures and mandates and legislation governing industry.
- Ability to inspire and motivate team to commitment and involvement;
- Creates a climate of positivity, and motivates and empowers others in order to reach business goals;
- Ability to understand the various clients within the business and all irregular activities that affect their environment
- Competent in Outlook, Intermediate level Word, Excel and Power Point
- Skilled in relevant technology / programs required for the role e.g. SAP Procurement
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of various processes, technical requirements and systems related to role
- Good supervisory skills
- Good financial understanding
- Excellent People Management Skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ethics, honesty, integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good time management
- Sound judgement
- Ability to maintain relationships with clients
- Drive and energy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Responsible & accountable
- Ability to operate within a defined framework
- Excellent people management skills
- Effective management of operations
- Good multitasking ability
- Effective delegation
- Problem solving ability
3 Year Degree
B.Com/ Forensic qualification. Call Centre related certification.
4-6 years /experience in a contact centre environment preferably with oversight of larger teams
Management of projects. People Management/IR Management
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive edge - Applies understanding of disruptive trends and competitor activity to recommend changes in line with leading practices
- Inspirational leadership - Leads by example and makes a strong positive impact through energizing others, valuing differences and contributions, and inspiring self-belief
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.