Internal Client Services - Client & Industries -Advisory Pursuit Strategist Senior Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
•Marketing and Communications
•Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
The Advisory pursuit strategist provides strategic and operational leadership on Deloitte Africa’s largest and strategic advisory pursuits, reinforcing the global Common Sales Approach and Get-to-Green discipline that has proven essential to closing deals. Champion leadership in the implementation of strategy within the business through effective management and development of the team and building of strong relationships across serviced business areas.
Key Performance Area
- Contributes to input on strategy for Service Area based on area of expertise
- Leads implementation of strategy plans agreed by leadership of own Service Area and client Service Area/s including:
- Development of content for identified change initiatives and drive implementation of these
- Setting of implementation plans with team/s including timelines, actions and measures for success
- Delegation to skilled subordinates to deliver
- Defined communication process to leadership and team members
- Timely and detailed reporting on status of implementation to leadership
- Provides significant support to leadership in communication and implementation of the Firm's strategic objectives
- Understands the EXCO mandate to Service Area and communicates this clearly to team/s
- Builds strong professional relationships across delegated service line/s to understand business needs in area of responsibility
- Establishes and maintains external business relationships within area of expertise to collaborate on, understand and share best practice
- Based on expertise and experience, advises and supports Service Line leadership in identification and implementation of innovative solutions to issues arising within area of expertise.
Budgets / Profitability
- Provides annual budget input for area of responsibility for approval and integration into Service Area budget
- Manages costs for designated area and ensures time and expenses are submitted weekly
Pursuit Strategy Management
- Research, develop and implement governance for Advisory Pursuits.
- Track Firms Revenue Pipeline activity on a monthly basis and report to Steerco.
- Lead APC Steerco meetings (preparing the agenda, information, conducting follow ups and providing feedback)
- Leverage Audit to Relationship transition programme and provide strategic guidance on the pursuit process.
- Develop strategies for the firms largest MDM business pursuits and retention opportunities, applying targeting and sales principles to uncover target client needs, identify win themes, create compelling messages, brainstorm solutions to challenges, and identify benefits for target clients.
- Transform strategic thinking into persuasive deliverables that differentiate Deloitte by using the global methodology to lead the teams in pursuit strategy process, such as proposals and oral presentations.
- Lead Win Labs and Solution Labs as opportunities arise. One- or two-day strategy brainstorming and planning session. Lead the engagement for Director/Partner on the account team. (EXCO/Industry leader member also attends) Implement firm’s sales methodology (Get-to-Green) and Lead training for the firm.
- Oversee the pursuit process, from orchestrating the development of deliverables to coordinating our teams’ pursuit activities.
- Lead preparation and coach teams for Client Engagement and Orals. Preparing the agenda, information, conducting follow ups and providing feedback back on proposals. Understanding and sourcing key decision makers. Using business chemistry to determine approach.
- Leverage C&I Programmes to support pursuits. Coming from the Win labs providing resource specifications, building relationship, connecting the dots and providing solutions to existing programs
- Lead Exco and Industry Leader involvement on pursuits. Engaging and preparing leadership for pursuits.
- Assist in writing persuasive executive summaries and crafting critical responses of deliverables for Directors/Partners. Draw from a variety of sources, including information from research profiles, your own interviews with client service team members, debriefs from client meetings, and an understanding of the business and Deloitte’s offerings.
- Contribute to developing Deloitte’s pursuit team, including collaborating with other pursuit team members, continuously refining and improving pursuit strategies, and acting as a project-by-project liaison between our team and the broader organization
- Reviewing proposal drafts by ensuring that everything that is signed off on pursuit strategy is realised in the proposal document.
- Ensuring that the Client adheres to pursuit process deadlines.
- Lead Pursuit debrief process to ensure Deloitte CX is consistently enhanced (from the revenue process: proposal won or lost, arrange debrief sessions with clients and also providing feedback to the team
- Leverage Account Based Marketing for large Pursuits.
- Expert in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Solid financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Exceptional business acumen
Living our Purpose
- Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
- Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
- Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
- Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
- Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
Knows the business and industry
- Knows how member firm business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
Manages to results
- Takes responsibility for assigned areas and contributes to the successful realization of common goals
Manages and executes projects
- Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
- Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
Manages quality and risk
- Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed
Manages change and ambiguity
- Is adaptive and flexible in the face of change and ambiguity
- Honours Degree
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, humanities, or related disciplines
- 10+ years’ experience within relevant function
- 3 years at manager level