Risk Advisory – Data Analytics – Evolve Analytics Academy 2022
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
Data Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking back to evaluate what happened to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related challenges and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory Data Analytics practice.
As a Junior Consultant, you will be a part of the Engagement teams in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements / projects. Focus on the delivery of client engagements. Understands how daily tasks contributes to the priorities of the business. Understand the firm’s purpose & values and explores opportunities for impact.
- Basic technical knowledge in specific area and/or industry
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Elementary business acumen
- Different data landscapes
Knowledge and experience across one or multiple areas:
- Business Analysis (including business process understanding and ability to document)
- Descriptive analytics (ability to extract insights and trends from data based on requirements)
- Data Management fundamentals
- Data engineering (extractions, transformations, loading patterns)
- Programming Coding in variety of languages (SAS, SQL, R, Python etc.)
- Basic Data Modelling
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Relevant Technical fundamentals at that point in time to what the market is procuring
- Cloud based analytics platforms (e.g. Azure and AWS)
Relevant Engineering, Sciences, Computer Science or Commerce-based degree with a specialisation in IT/Computer Science/Technology
Passion for Data and Analytics and Data Science
Working Knowledge of Technology Programming Languages/Databases/Operating Systems
General awareness of Technology, Data Analytics and Data Science
Master’s degree (advantageous)
Zero years' relevant experience within the function
6 - 12 months relevant working experience within the function
- Proactive, self-motivated and driven
- Continuous learning mindset
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines
- Delivers work within expectations of level
- Conscientious approach to delivering results
- Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery
- Ability to prioritise competing responsibilities
- Works well within a team and with client counterparts.
- Professional demeanour