Deloitte Consulting - Full Stack Developer (Python)
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Systems Engineering Team
Deloitte’s industry-trained and highly knowledgeable Application Architecture teams guide organisations through all phases of optimising technology systems. From concept and design through implementation and assessment, teams ensure applications are integrated and performing to optimal standards.
The team empowers systems to support critical new technologies such as mobile and cloud, through Deloitte’s Application Modernisation capabilities powered by the innoWake tool that automate the modernisation process, allowing organisations to avoid disrupting operations or building new systems from the ground up.
Managing large-scale technology change is a big challenge, but Deloitte’s professionals in Service Delivery Optimisation guide organisations through the technological foundations of change with industry-leading services that include Program and Project Management, Business Process Design and Agile or DevOps Delivery.
We guide organisations through the design and deployment of service-oriented architecture and other integration solutions. Services include enterprise integration strategy, integration solutions implementation, and business process management.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Developing enterprise-grade applications for clients across various industries to solve complex business challenges. This will include providing steer and guidance for UI design, implement reactive front-end application, integration services, and back-end particularly with Python. Promote a learning culture by sharing knowledge and experience gained through project delivery and training.
- Support the Engagement Manager in delivery of engagement / project, in specific area of competency
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Communicate regularly with both Engagement Manager and client to meet deliverable expectations in specific area of expertise
- Develop productive working relationships with client staff
- Proactively identify client needs and problem technical issues that arise and propose resolutions to address these
Development/Growth of Team
- Share expertise and knowledge with team members and assist where possible to ensure quality and timeous delivery of work
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Maintain quality and timeous delivery as per SLA
Differentiators for this Role
- Modernising or developing cloud native web applications to meet business needs.
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client’s business
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to select appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
- Executive Presence - Ability to deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instill confidence in clients
- Logical Structuring - Ability to organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
- Global Mindset - Ability to apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to address client business challenges in the intersection of process and technology
Strategy Specialized / Technical Capabilities
- Defines the Market - Ability to analyse the external environment and appreciate its importance in the formulation of an organization’s strategy
- Shapes the Strategy - Ability to help shape a client’s strategy by providing insights to help them create an advantaged position in the market
- Support the execution – Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the execution of large transformation programmes
- Develops Sector and Offering Knowledge - Ability to build sector and market offering knowledge and apply it to influence a client’s strategic direction
- Technical expert in specific area and/or industry
- Demonstrated project management skill
- Knowledge and experience with developing full-stack applications using frameworks Django or Flask
- Experience with developing Python functions or back end services
- Experience with the relevant unit testing framework(s)
- Strong understanding of source code control techniques
- Can show the ability to setup intelligent CI/CD pipelines to automate development, build or deployment tasks
- Experience with CI / CD tools (like Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with managing build artifacts
- Comfortable with using stubbing tools for API endpoint testing e.g. Wiremock
- Experience with shell scripting languages e.g. Bash or Powershell
- Experience with OAuth, Open Connect ID and SAML
- Basic Understanding of Data & Data Structures
- Basic understanding of UI design tools such as Figma
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Sound mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
Relevant Degree in Computer Science
3 years of experience as a full stack developer with JS web development frameworks and cloud application design, development and deployment
- 1+ years’ experience with Cloud platforms e.g. Azure, AWS & Google Cloud Platform
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.