Risk Advisory - IT and Specialised Assurance - Consultant
- Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2090, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organisation”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Supports Engagement team in delivery of services remotely or at client premises on delegated engagement / project. Focus on the delivery of client engagements
Specialised Technical capabilities
Builds a Foundational Expertise: Ability to form a core technology and data risk skillset through proactively conducting research, and participating to internal and external initiatives
· Understands and applies the major program management approaches and practices (e.g., SDLC, ITIL)
· Develops a strong knowledge of technology and data management frameworks (e.g., Technology Risk, Data Risk, Cyber Risk Maturity Model) by conducting independent research, and attending workshops, seminars and training programs
. Becomes familiar with technology and data risk, as well as industry-specific regulations; keeps up to date with emerging trends
Supports Implementation of Technology Risk Solutions: Ability to leverage industry leading frameworks, methods, and tools to increase effectiveness of technology risk solutions
· Leads technology requirements gathering and performs gap analysis to uncover functionalities that may require further configuration
· Applies programming capabilities to effectively translate requirements into code to contribute to solution development
· Adopts the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) approach to support design and implementation of technology and data risk solutions
· Understands architecture design and development activities, and is able to execute against recommended solutions
· Develops a basic fluency of technology solutions within a specific domain, including GRC Technology, Data Risk Management, Identity Management, and Networking.
Executes Assurance Engagements: Ability to enhance quality of assurance engagements by identifying risks, performing testing, researching governing regulations, and developing reports
· Uses industry leading frameworks and tools to analyze client’s documentation and identify risks that require control assurance
· Tests validity of client’s historical financial and non-financial information, leveraging relevant standards (e.g. ISAE 3000), as appropriate
· Articulates client’s regulatory framework by leveraging Deloitte’s proprietary approaches and applicable audit standards and guidelines
· Develops assurance reports to accurately present risks, related controls, and the effectiveness of those controls
. Ensures findings and recommendations are aligned with the audit objectives by keeping in mind the engagement business context when performing technical work
· Solid grasp of technical skills and methodology
· Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills on “core operating systems” e.g. Windows, UNIX, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in performance of business process and automated controls testing on the more common applications
· Developing knowledge of ERP systems like SAP
· A good understanding of how to link risks and controls to ensure test steps and controls and risks all speak to each other; ability to research “unknown” systems or audit in-house developed systems, i.e. problem-solving/logic capabilities
· Developing Digital fluency and knowledge on Emerging technologies, including Cloud, RPA, AI, etc.
· Developing skills in Agile and DevOps.
· Developing further Industry experience (FSI, TMT, CB, ER&I, etc.)
· Demonstrates ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines consistently
· Displays initiative
· Takes accountability for delivery of own work as per instruction
· Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery
· Meets deadlines
· Works well within a team and with client management
Degree / Diploma
Relevant Degree, Honours or post graduate diploma. Workings towards a professional qualification (CISA)
2 years’ working experience
Experience in a client facing role
Demonstrate an understanding of large scale information technology application systems, infrastructure, business processes and security standards.
Demonstrate an understanding of the Deloitte IT audit methodology and its application in major client industries.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.