Risk Advisory - IT and Specialised Assurance Audit - Manager/Assistant Manager - Western Cape
- The Ridge, 6 Marina Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
The main purpose of the job is to support the Senior Manager/Associate Director or Director in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project.
Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development.
Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Specialised Technical Capabilities:
Plans and Manages Technology Risk Solutions:
· Ability to guide teams through the design and implementation of technology risk solutions to enhance security, increase efficiency and support achievement of business goals
o Combines industry knowledge and domain experience to help client identify, assess, and manage technology and data risk
o Oversees teams in assessing current state systems, processes, and technologies, defining requirements, and developing / configuring the infrastructure to align with sector requirements, strategic business goals, and existing operations
o Leverages an in-depth knowledge of market-specific products and solutions to enhance impact of recommended solutions
Plans and Manages Assurance Engagements:
· Ability to effectively plan assurance engagements and enable insight-driven implementations
o Conducts thorough analysis of client’s IT systems and business processes to identify and manage related risks, and ensure delivery of accurate and complete data
o Considers and leverages the broader regulatory framework and business process governance models governing internal controls and assurance requirements of the client when planning and managing assurance engagements
o Identifies appropriate assurance documentation that aligns with engagement type, scope, and objectives; advises functional and business stakeholders accordingly
o Increases impact and efficiency of assurance engagements through knowledge of auditing techniques and by identifying and leveraging additional Deloitte service offerings (e.g., Risk Analytics, Audit), as appropriate
· Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
· Knowledge and appreciation of the wider IT issues and service opportunities beyond the specific scope of typical ITSA services
· Able to scope engagements effectively and assign and manage an appropriate team to deliver against the engagement requirements
· Demonstrated ability to manage engagements that encompass the wider RA services incorporating specialists from other Offerings
· Demonstrated people skills and development capability.
· Strong in delivery of PCOAB requirements, SOX requirements and TPA
· Strong on Digital Risk and proactively drives Emerging Technologies capability and opportunities.
· Knowledge leader in specific industries
· Demonstrates innovative thinking and implementation thereof
· Knowledge and application of key Controls Advisory solutions and ability to sell and deliver these in the market
Skills in certain specialised advisory areas including:
· Enterprise and network architecture and infrastructure
· IT Service Management: ITIL Foundation
· Project Management: PRINCE 2, PMBOK or applicable project management methodology
, understanding of both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies, including DevOps and/or SCRUM
· Cloud: Cloud infrastructure and application management, specifically AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
· Data: Data storage management, Data classification, application of POPIA and general data privacy management
· Governance and Compliance: Anti-money Laundering, Sanctions Screening, Cash Threshold Reporting and Suspicious Transaction Reporting, KYC and FICA requirements
· Financial Services: National Payment Systems, Wholesale and Retail processing of payments, Interbank Settlement, Card Schemes and Card transaction processing, Back-office and Front-office processes
· Cognitive Technologies: application and integration of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation into existing and new platforms.
· APIs: API development and construct, interfacing with open API libraries
· Blockchain and Digital Assets: Public and Private Blockchain implementations on Ethereum, Hyperledger, VeChain, CORDA, etc., Tokenisation of assets on Blockchain, Smart Contracting, Layer Two applications, Distributed Ledgers Technology, Cryptocurrency, Decentralised Exchanges
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective engagement management; Able to deliver engagements on time and within budget
· Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls
· Ability to provide leadership and guidance/coaching to junior member of the team
· Ability to inspire and enthuse others to commitment and involvement
· Assumes overall ownership for the engagement. Good supervisory and people management skills
· Keeps calm under pressure
· Ownership of deliverables
Appropriate B. Degree
Relevant Degree, Honours or post graduate diploma.
Professional certifications such as CISA, CISM or CISSP + relevant CPD that establishes credibility and capability in the IT Risk market
Successful completion of MADC (after 3 years as Manager).
5 years in a client facing role
5-7 years IT Audit experience in one or more key industries of focus for Deloitte e.g. financial services, TMT, consumer business etc.
Experience in business process, third party assurance and controls advisory.
Demonstrated ability to lead teams in the delivery of small to medium engagements that meet all quality assurance standards and required technical depth and breadth
Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.