Audit Quality & Risk: Engagement Support - Coaching - Senior Manager (2 year Secondment)
- Waiyaki Way, Nairobi, Kenya
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. Click here to read more about our Audit & Assurance practice.
Main Purpose of Job
The role is to:
The role would focus on coaching audit managers and senior managers in the South African firm, focusing on upskilling on auditing standards and engagement management. The coaching would be provided at the planning stage of the engagement with subsequent assessments related to the level of impact by reviewing the manager’s work and providing feedback and guidance to drive improvement.
Honors Accounting Degree
Registered CA(SA) or equivalent
Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
6 - 7 years relevant working experience.
8 years in a client facing role; 3 of these in a management role
· Recent relevant experience auditing listed and non-listed entities
· Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Proven ability to manage and execute projects
· Excellent report writing skills
· Good financial knowledge
· Sound business acumen
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
· Strong client delivery focus
· Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
· Focus on quality and risk
· Sound problem solving ability
* Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.