Audit Quality & Risk: Process Analyst & Control Implementation Specialist - Manager/Senior Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. Click here to read more about our Audit & Assurance practice.
This is a core skillset for the Systems of Quality Management team for the Deloitte Africa Audit Firm.
- Exposure to Internal Audit & External Audit preferred.
- CA (SA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in audit processes.
- Experience with large/complex audits.
- Experience in a big four audit firm will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ISQM 1 would be advantageous
- Ability to critically analyze processes to understand the control environment (including information technology, internal controls and risk management related aspects), and the interdependencies linked to this.
- Ability to identify risks and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls in business processes.
- Experience using data analytics (DA) when performing process analysis with the ability to draw appropriate conclusions from data analysis.
- Clear and accurate documentation of assessments, process flows and discussion documents.
- Experience in prioritization of risks and processes.
- Experience working with risk and control matrixes.
- Understand how controls drive behavior and how to incorporate this into design of controls
- Experience analyzing the root cause of process inadequacies and efficiencies.
- Proven experience in process streamlining and reengineering based on identified inadequacies and inefficiencies.
- Experience in solution implementation including designing solutions, obtaining stakeholder buy in and implementation phase.
- Experience with designing intelligent business reports to be used key controls in the business.
- Project Management experience.
- Stakeholder management with junior as well as senior colleagues.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Professional grammar and business acumen
- Fully competent in MS Office Suite and any other programs relevant to role
- Ability to operate office equipment such as fax, photocopier, printers, etc.
- Able to work as a team member and ensure that as a group all staff in a unit work together for delivery of best possible service to the department for which they collectively work.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent typing skills
- High competency in English communication, both written and verbal
- Good numeracy skills
- Professional demeanor
- High initiative and delivery focused
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to meeting tight deadlines
- Commitment to client service excellence
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to use discretion and deal with sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
* Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.