Audit Quality & Risk - Senior NPPD South: Associate Director
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. Click here to read more about our Audit & Assurance practice.
The Senior NPPD (or Regional PPDs) is responsible for ensuring that professionals in his or her region meet requirements and deadlines for all quality activities and priorities, including but not limited to timely completion of staffing requests, AQM or QRM milestones, mandatory training (including on-the job training), and performance management processes. Where appropriate, the Senior NPPD assists the Regional / Country PPDs by monitoring to ensure compliance with quality activities and priorities.
Honours Accounting Degree
Post graduate qualification in Audit (preferable)
7 - 10 years of in-depth technical IFRS advisory and/or audit support experience
Experience in leading and coordinating the activities of a team of qualified professionals
Experience in building a new team and executing on a new mandate
· Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
· Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Technical and Professional Capabilities
· Stakeholder Focus: Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagements
· Become experts in risk assessments and audit responses: Takes an independent view and contributes heavily in developing and challenging the risk assessment and controls testing strategy and designing appropriate audit responses for risks
· Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work: Collaborates effectively across Deloitte functions to deliver a seamless audit that is responsive to stakeholder needs
· Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology: Provides appropriate guidance to the audit team in relation to the application of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the audit
· Manage project plans to optimize engagements: Proactively manages the project plan through efficient use of resources and tracking delivery of assigned tasks, guiding team members’ prioritization
· Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs: Uses judgement and consults appropriately when dealing with complex matters, applying an appropriate level of professional scepticism
· Apply Ethical and Professional Standards: Understands their business security, ethical and compliance responsibilities, displaying best practice and actively encouraging appropriate behaviours of engagement teams
Key Performance areas
· Strategic Impact: Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
· Budgets / Profitability: Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
· Development/Growth of Team: Shares expertise and knowledge with team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.