Deloitte Consulting: Cloud Engineering - Manager (Cloud Strategy)
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the division
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients highest aspirations for analytics and cognitive solutions is next-gen Cloud infrastructure. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving.
Main Purpose of Job
Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; assist in developing "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic Impact - Supports the implementation of strategy of the Service Line / Business Area in relation to specific area of expertise
- Budgets / Profitability - Resources engagement teams with suitable talent, balancing correct levels and numbers and recruiting as necessary; manages margins effectively through accurate budgeting, pricing and profitability management on engagements
- Planning, control & production - Liaise, plan, manage, execute, control and report on any of the division production activities.
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to comprehend how the client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
- Executive Presence - Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients
- Global Mindset - Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients
Qualifications & Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
- 8 years of consulting and relevant experience required or 8 plus years of larger firm consulting experience.
- Proven experience in leading large, complex engagements.
- Ability to lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Prior experience providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals for business development activities.
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.