Risk Advisory - Cyber Risk (Licencing Lead) - Manager
- Magwa Cres, Waterval 5-Ir, Midrand, 2090, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
As the Software Licensing Manager, responsible for implementing, overseeing and playing an active role in supporting the service / business area in the management function for license and product and solutions management.
You will provide subject matter expertise and sales focus to the Cyber Risk Business in order to drive sales and growth for software licensing contracts to both new and existing customers.
Protect the renewal of software licensing agreements and drive upsell and cross-sell of Cyber solutions to the established customer base
Specialised Technical Capabilities:
Sales and Business Development:
· Ability to apply profitability management and sales fundamentals to support projects and pursuits
o Understands the fundamentals of engagement profitability management and uses Deloitte sales tools, such as pricing and revenue management systems, on all engagements
o Contributes to the development of Statements of Work (SOW), engagement budgeting, and pricing model development and develops budget, scope and staffing recommendations based on understanding of the client’s budget and project economics
o Identifies opportunities to sell Deloitte services on current and proposed engagements where appropriate
o Scans for business development / add-on sales opportunities; organizes these efforts under the direction of others
o Recognizes the importance of diversity of thought within engagement teams
o Builds a global network of subject matter experts within chosen sector and leverages global collateral to support sales pursuits and engagements
o Identifies new opportunities and engages the right global experts to seize them
o Manages effectively across cross-geography teams, flexing to cultural differences and shared views on project quality, objectives, and outcomes
o Identifies global trends with potential impact to the client’s or firm’s business and communicates these with engagement teams
· Extensive experience and knowledge in Cyber, Information security vendor products, such as McAfee, Symantec, Palo Alto.
· Ability to analyse a customer’s estate and technology deployments/requirements to then recommend an appropriate and detailed licensing solution and articulate that solution to a customer with clear reasoning.
· Managing the end-to-end Sales cycle for major Software vendor contracts, from the first discussion through to an active contract.
· External facing Sales/Pre-Sales experience.
· Ability to offer sound consultative and advisory approaches to customers to provide optimal licensing solutions
· Lead software licensing training to internal teams and clients
· Disseminate major software license change communications to the business and customers in a timely manner.
· Highly numerate and strong commercial understanding.
· Process oriented with logical mindset and an outstanding attention to detail.
· Self-motivated and highly driven.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective engagement management
· Curiosity and drive to continually learn
· Able to deliver engagements on time and within budget
· Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls
· Ability to provide leadership and guidance/coaching to junior member of the team
· Ability to inspire and enthuse others to commitment and involvement taking accountability for larger engagements
· Manages large engagement / multiple engagement deadlines holistically, identifying risks and escalating.
· Able to work under pressure
· Ownership of deliverables driving team quality and risk management.
Relevant Degree, Honours or post graduate diploma, professional qualifications e.g. B.Sc, BCom, or B.Ing/Eng or MSc
Advanced certifications, diplomas, professional certifications, advanced degrees in Cyber or information security - examples include:
· CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
· CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
· Sales certifications in OEM solutions such as McAfee, Symantec, Palo Alto or other Cyber Security Vendors
5 years in a client facing role; 3 of these in a management role
8 - 10 years of progressive experience in sales, license, product and solutions management
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.