Tax & Legal - Transfer Pricing - Senior Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
About Deloitte Tax & Legal
We have a team of approximately 280 professional staff members across South Africa comprised of qualified charted accountants and lawyers who offer specialist insight across many industries.
Deloitte Tax professionals keep current on the latest changes that impact clients' business tax strategy, enabling clients to focus on business objectives while we address the tax requirements.
Deloitte Legal, amongst the largest legal and regulatory service providers in Africa, assists clients operating in increasingly complex legal, regulatory and digital environments through a multidisciplinary approach, combining integrated legal and commercial expertise.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To support the Transfer Pricing Manager to provide our clients with the critical expertise to deal effectively with inter-company issues and to articulate the economically significant aspects of their business operations. Make an impact that matters and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Specialized Technical Capabilities
· Supports the Engagement Manager in delivery of engagement / project, in specific area of competency
· Provides initial recommendations based on current tax legislation across the Global Tax and Legal function to engagement leadership
o Applies knowledge and skills of relevant practices and processes (or relevant tax rules and regulations) in area of specialization to client problems
o Presents findings and recommends and implements advice independently relevant to tax and consults others as needed
o Reviews written technical advice, reports, memoranda and/or other deliverables relevant to tax laws and rules for adequacy of research conducted and appropriateness and accuracy of conclusions
· Assesses the business impact of recent developments and changes relating to area of tax specialization for clients
· Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
· Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develops informed recommendations
· Articulates how technology enables the business and communicates this effectively to clients while ensuring appropriate technologies and methodologies are used on projects.
· Constructs economic analysis based on accounting principles, financial/transactional data concepts, industry specific/non-standard data sources and assumptions
· Participates in drafting and reviewing client questionnaires, industry analysis, and data requests, ensuring sufficient information is obtained and summarized accurately
· Identifies complex Transfer Pricing (TP) issues and makes referrals to other tax teams based on local or domestic income tax, corporate tax, international tax, and customs tax principles
o Provides advice to project team based on hot topics, industry trends, and case law developments
o Demonstrates understanding of local or domestic TP and penalty rules
o Demonstrates awareness of other local or domestic income tax principles
o Demonstrates awareness of the differences between OECD and foreign transfer pricing rules with local TUP rules and knows where to access this information
Identifies complex non-TP issues
o Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Law, Accounting, Economics or appropriate discipline or CA(SA)
o 3 years working experience and transfer pricing experience required
o Postgraduate qualification in Taxation (Masters in Taxation)
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.