Consulting - Human Capital - Rewards Senior Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our clients compete.
Our Human Capital services leverage research, analytics, and industry insights to help design and execute the HR, talent, leadership, organisation and change programs that enable business performance through people performance.
Click here to read more about Deloitte Consulting.
The Reward Consulting Senior Manager sells, manages and delivers complex reward engagements to specified clients in the areas of; remuneration and benefits consulting, variable pay design, remuneration committee advisory, executive compensation, analysis and review of remuneration and reward processes and levels, as well as proprietary Deloitte Job Evaluation (JE) systems and job architecture. In addition, they are responsible for relationship building, business development and sales to a portfolio of clients as well as invoicing, project management and debtor management in respect of their clients. The role includes leadership and operations management of defined geographic teams as well as practice responsibilities related to revenue and working capital management, reporting and control.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Business development and sales
- Client relations and management
- Project Management
- Risk management
- Technical delivery - Total Reward Strategy, Remuneration consulting and advisory including complex reward scheme design and JE Advisory
- Team operations management
- Practice management responsibilities as allocated
Masters degree or equivalent in relevant field of study/ training in quantitative methods
Highly numerate and analytical
Minimum of 12 years of work experience in management and remuneration and reward consulting, business development and engagement management.
- Manages a portfolio of Deloitte clients to ensure consistent sales.
- Manages own sales performance to personal and team targets.
- Identifies and/or pursues leads through the firm network.
- Manages a number of sales processes.
- Regularly engages senior client management to identify client needs.
- Tailors existing or develops new services and products to address existing and emerging client needs.
- Leads proposals and business development efforts.
- Develops opportunities and prepares proposals and tenders in prescribed formats.
- Develops budget, scope and staffing recommendations based on an understanding of client budget and project economics.
- Understands and applies pricing guidelines, rates and tools to ensure winning price at appropriate margins.
- Skilled at negotiation and closing of final sales.
Core Total Rewards
- Total Rewards Technical Knowledge & Strategy: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the vendors, technology solutions, and trends in the total rewards marketplace; Leads clients through the visioning process for rewards redesign initiatives.
- Analysis & Synthesis of Information: Demonstrates the ability to probe resource data to identify hidden issues and answers; Synthesizes data to find creative solutions to client issues; Capable of providing guidance/leadership to focus/produce results that clients accept.
- Written & Verbal Communications: Demonstrates skill at using communications presentations to gain client acceptance and understanding.
- Total Compensation Philosophy & Strategy: Demonstrates deep knowledge of compensation regulations, particularly the accounting and tax implications on client results. Monitors and oversees the implementation of total compensation philosophy and strategies for differing levels of employment and different business circumstances and links to compensation plan designs. Develops long term and short term incentive programmes. Advises senior executive level clients and committees on reward strategies.
- Prescribed Methods & Tools: Oversees the use of validated and proven methods and tools used to satisfy the analytical requirements on client assignments; Reviews and suggests methods used to formulate comparative analyses and to identify trends
- Survey Administration & Analysis: Demonstrates expertise in analysing and drawing appropriate conclusions from industry and custom surveys.
Job Evaluation and Job Architecture
- Philosophy and Strategy: Has strong understanding and knowledge of both proprietary Deloitte and other major JE systems.
- Prescribed methods and Tools: Considered expert by clients and Deloitte colleagues in JE and Deloitte JE products and methods. Advanced understanding and working knowledge of Deloitte proprietary JE tools, TASK, Peromnes and Execeval.
- Ability to develop complete job architecture frameworks.
- Successfully manages and directs complex client engagements on time and within budget.
- Has managed team and practice utilisation goals effectively.
- Effectively plans project timelines and activities.
- Ensures an acceptable work/life balance for the team.
- Leads on risk management and drives compliance
- Fully understands the firm’s philosophy of risk management
- Knows who to seek advice from on complex risk issues.
- Mitigates risks that could have a negative impact on engagement financials.