Consulting - Quality and Risk Management - Africa Risk Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
An exciting opportunity exists for a professional to become part of the Central Quality & Risk Management team in Consulting (QRM). We are looking for an individual who is both solution and process focused and has strong multi-tasking skills. This position will provide a great opportunity to play a vital role in enabling Deloitte to serve its clients whilst managing risk and protecting our reputation and brand.
The successful incumbent will play an integral and visible role within the Consulting Africa Growth Region business – The Consulting Africa Risk Manager is responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the Consulting Africa Quality & Risk teams and processes for the Africa Growth Region (all Deloitte Africa countries outside of SA).
The role offers a unique opportunity to work with individuals at all levels across the firm, providing active support to business on client matters, while coordinating the rollout of new quality & risk processes into our Africa Consulting business. This is a multi-dimensional role with a number of focus areas including risk process and integration, risk management, quality management, process compliance, as well as an element of legal and contracting.
Key Performance Area's
- Africa Consulting QRM Network - Establish and mentor an effective network of QRM resources across the region, enabled through the roll-out of effective processes and ongoing effective communications and personal interactions
- Business risk & quality management support - Ensuring effective execution of and compliance with risk & quality management processes in the business, and driving ad hoc risk & quality management initiatives in the business. Includes on-going rollout of relevant training and providing hands-on assistance to consultants.
- Service and product risk management - Deep understanding of the different service and product offerings in the Africa Consulting business, and their inherent risks, independence & conflict constraints, and take-on process requirements
- Involvement in business development/ proposal processes - Working closely with proposal teams, providing guidance on risk management processes in the preparation of proposals and tenders to potential clients, through the assessment of risk, quality and contracting implications of tenders and proposals and the effective execution thereof
- Project delivery risk & quality management - Working closely with client delivery project teams to support the delivery of risk management capability to projects, ensuring sound risk management processes are in place on projects, and that these are being executed effectively
- Deloitte Development Africa support - Active support to the DDA business, which focussed on international donor orgnisations like USAID, World Bank, UN, etc.
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to comprehend how the client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
- Executive Presence - Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients
- Global Mindset - Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Relevant business-related tertiary qualification
- A compliance, risk, audit, legal or independence & conflict background
- Professional service delivery
- Understanding of a regulatory environment and ability to interpret and apply technical rules in a practical way
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.