Internal Client Services - Executive Office - Junior Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
· Human resources
· Information technology
· Marketing and Communications
· Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
Main Purpose of Job:
To play an integral role as a member of the Innovation Unit, responsible for determining and executing on a collaborative approach to innovation and the commercialisation of new offerings across the business.
Personal responsibility for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders and driving business cases unaided. The Senior Consultant will also, source, investigate and facilitate proof-of-concepts with external partners to vet future business potential on behalf of Deloitte.
This responsibility extends to the South African business at the outset. Once established, the role’s responsibility will extend across Anglophone Africa regions.
Differentiators for this Role
- Assisting in updating online communication platforms. This will include uploading of video content, pictures, content, etc.
- Work closely with the team in supporting the execution of the departments KPIs
- Providing communication support to the broader team in the form of updating databases, formatting documents and templates and record keeping.
- Assisting in providing support on video and social media content.
- Providing support on Public Relations, issuing press releases, maintaining PR database, issuing invites etc.
- Assisting with press enquiries.
- Providing support in the production of publication management, from sourcing and confirming information to supporting the design element.
- Responsible for ensuring that all invoices required for processing are captured correctly.
- Provide support in managing web-based applications applicable to the team.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers and the media.
- Monitor media coverage and advisory support.
Bachelor’s degree in PR/Journalism/Communication/English
Two to three years’ experience in Public Relations – preferably within a Financial Services organisation
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose: Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
Influence: Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
Performance drive: Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
Strategic direction: Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
Talent development: Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
Knows the business and industry: Knows how member firm business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
Manages to results: Takes responsibility for assigned areas and contributes to the successful realization of common goals
Manages and executes projects: Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
Solves problems: Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
Manages quality and risk: Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed
Manages change and ambiguity: Is adaptive and flexible in the face of change and ambiguity
· Basic technical knowledge in specific functional area
· Basic skills in analysis and report writing
· Experience in drafting of professional presentations and reports for review
· Proficient in MS Office suite
· Basic financial knowledge and understanding
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Desire to develop self
· Client delivery focus
· Focus on quality and awareness of risk
· Problem solving ability
· Basic business acumen
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.