Strategy & Operations Intern
- 3rd Floor Rwenzori House, 1 Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 330,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
About the Department
Deloitte’s Strategy & Operations team creates bold visions and takes decisive action with the confidence that comes from leading insight. We architect strategies for growth transformation and value creation. We use digital innovation to unlock business value through the power of technology. Our global network of Strategy & Operations professionals draws on the strength of Deloitte’s full suite of professional services and industry experience to focus solutions on the real issues affecting businesses today.
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Consulting – Strategy & Operations team as an Intern. This position will be based in our Uganda office in Kampala.
Main Purpose of Job
Ensure that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm and provide support to engagement teams by ensuring efficient & effective data collection for utilization on engagements per agreed client and Firm standards.
What you will do /Specialized Competencies
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm.
- Provide support to engagement teams by ensuring efficient & effective data collection for utilization on engagements per agreed client and Firm standards.
- Seek to understand how to identify prospective sales opportunities and contribute to preparation of proposals for new work.
- Assist in conducting research for engagements/ projects as delegated and provide meaningful analysis/ output for review.
- Gather information through networking and research to understand broader offerings of Deloitte and awareness of opportunities for cross-selling.
- Research innovation and trends related to business, industry and economy as directed by team for use in enhancement of service offerings.
- Raise ideas to address issues arising that may enhance/renew service offerings to client.
- Submit any billing, expense claims and timesheets on time.
- Raise risks and issues to project management for resolution in a timely manner.
- Present an approachable and professional style while engaging and communicating with others in an effort to build lasting relationships across client and team.
- Collect, assimilate and analyze relevant data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least an Upper Second-class honors from recognized university;
- A minimum of 16 points at 'A' Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in 'O' Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- Completing undergraduate studies by July 2021 or graduated in the preceding one year (2020).
- Undertaking studies leading to qualification in specific area (e.g. CCNA, CISA, CIA, ACCA, CPA, CFE, CFA, CPS) is added advantage;
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Closing date: 28 March 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.