Finance & Operations - Experience Hire
- Ozumba Mbadiwe Ave, Eti-Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help you lead in the markets where you compete.
Strategy Consumer and Marketing
Strategic and Business Design, Mergers and Acquisitions, Customer and Applied Design, Advertising, Marketing and Commerce, Digital Customer
Core Business Operations
Operations Transformation, Industry Solutions (Experience in Financial Services, Telecommunications and Technology, Consumer and Industrial Products and Oil and Gas are a plus), Systems Engineering, Cloud Engineering, Analytics and Cognitive
HR Transformation, Organization Transformation, Workforce Transformation
Enterprise Technology and Performance
Finance and Performance, Supply Chain and Network Operations, Technology Strategy and Transformation, ERP: SAP, Emerging ERP Solutions
The Finance & Operations Professional (Consulting, West Africa) will have overall accountability and responsibility in the Practice Finance & Operations matters. These include but not limited to forecasting, budgeting, assisting with weekly and monthly Leadership Committee monthly results meetings, modelling of internal KPIs, resource management, utilization measurement, deal pricing, business development support and WIP & debtors’ management.
S/he will have the opportunity to work closely with the leadership, finance team and risk team to ensure that all reporting and insight is delivered to the relevant parties in the business. S/he will also have the opportunity to contribute to running and driving initiatives across the Consulting BU broader Finance function, acting as a conduit to Finance.
Additionally, s/he will support the Consulting Leader and Consulting Portfolio Leadership with West Africa Consulting level analysis, modelling and reporting into the broader Africa Consulting business.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science/Humanities courses or Business course with a minimum of second class upper degree/upper credit.
- Possess relevant professional certification(s). MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting/financial analysis experience in a consulting/advisory environment is a plus
- Experience in financial performance management roles.
- Ability to influence across multiple levels and multiple functional teams
- Strong commercial mind-set and a proven ability to impact commercial and profitable decisions
- A good understanding of the critical drivers and business issues which impact on the Firm
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to work under pressure
- Willing to be as hands-on as the situation requires
- Ability to manage and motivate a team, instilling a culture of responsibility, accountability and continuous improvement
- Experience with Excel models, formula, packaged solutions (e.g. SAP, customized applications), tools for resource management, etc.
- Highly advanced understanding of costing and pricing
- Strong analytical skills, experience in supporting business case development, forecasting, and variance analysis required
- Reliable quality and risk management exposure
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills; required proficiency in Excel. Proficiency in Power BI is an added advantage
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intellectual curiosity and result-driven
- Ability to query and organize from multiple sources and platforms
- Personal credibility and ethical values
- Good team management skills
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships at all levels and across the workplace
- Enthusiasm for change and receptive to new ideas
- Ability to think creatively, work independently, be part of a team to solve problems given limited resources and time, and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to teach and develop talent
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Application deadline: Friday, 19 March 2021