Financial Services Advisory Graduate Programme - 2022
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com Our Professionals demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: To be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
About the Division
Our Assurance & Advisory services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance & Advisory professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Actuarial and Analytics Solutions
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
- Financial Services Advisory
- Treasury, Capital & Liquidity Management
About Financial Services Advisory
Financial Services Advisory (FSA) is an established advisor within the financial services industry. Our vision is to be the leading provider of advisory services to financial services institutions and corporate treasury operations across Africa.
The FSA team comprises a strong mix of business, risk and regulatory practitioners with a technical appreciation for both financial modelling and programming disciplines. Through this, we are able to bring our clients practical solutions that look to address their end-to-end strategic and business model requirements.
Within FSA, we have the following four core teams, involved in the service offerings as listed below each team and you can also state a preference in a certain team:
- Design, Develop & Implement Credit Management Frameworks
- IFRS 9 Impairment Models
- Basel Credit Models
- Credit Scorecards & Analytics
- Behavioral Product Pricing
- FinTech Development
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Analytics
3. Treasury, Capital & Liquidity Management
- Risk Appetite and Risk Strategy
- Balance Sheet Management
- Stress Testing
- Asset Liability Management
- Financial Risk Management Modelling and Validation
- Derivative Instrument Valuations
- Hedge Accounting Advisory
- IFRS 2: Share Options and BEE Valuations
- Tool / Model Development and Validation
- Counterparty Credit Risk (xVA) Valuations
As a graduate, you will join our graduate programme within FSA and will rotate between the various teams. The FSA graduate programme offers you the opportunity to rotate across three core business areas for a period of 3 years, giving you exposure to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as risk and financial modelling, design and implementation of risk / capital / funding frameworks, stress testing, regulatory developments, financial instrument valuations and pricing.
What We Offer
- Unrivalled learning opportunities. Because we perform consulting services, every project is different and every client is different, providing you with fresh challenges and the opportunity to expand your professional network.
- Exciting career growth prospects with remuneration to match the prospect of working closely with professionals who are leaders in their fields. The opportunity to explore less traditional actuarial fields and be involved in leading edge projects.
- Extensive exposure to a broad range of risk work, providing the opportunity to build and strengthen a broad range of risk management skills
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth and provide project resources.
- The international Deloitte network provides opportunities to travel and access to International best practice.
University Graduate with a Masters (MCom / MSc / MPhil) or Honours degree, specialising in any of the following relevant fields:
- Actuarial Science;
- Applied Economics/Econometrics;
- Computer/Data Science/Analytics;
- Engineering (preferably Electrical or Electronic);
- Mathematical Sciences/Statistics;
- (Applied/Financial) Mathematics;
- Quantitative Risk Management;
- (Applied) Statistics; or
- Any other relevant degree.
- The intention to pursue a professional qualification (CFA / FRM / PRM / FIA / FASSA) is advantageous.
- Experience in C#, Matlab, Python, R, SAS or VBA is an advantage.
What we are looking for
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Technical proficiency and an eagerness to expand skills and develop knowledge.
- The ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple deliverables.
- The ability to interact in a team environment.
- The ability to find innovative solutions to complex and often unusual challenges.
- Flexibility i.e. the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and changing requirements.