Financial Advisory – Marketing & Chief of Staff Manager – Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
About the Division
Our Financial Advisory team specialises in taking facts and figures and then adding insight and expertise to maximise value and impact for our clients. Our integrated approach means our clients enjoy ‘one point of call’ that encompasses every aspect of a transaction.
Together with other Deloitte services such as Tax, Consulting and Legal, we provide a comprehensive solution to clients, using global best practice and our global and local network.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
- You will have a dual role as the Marketing Manager and Chief of Staff for the Financial Advisory Service Line. You will be responsible for the delivery of marketing and branding related services, as well as support the FA leadership team with the implementation and execution of various strategic business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study e.g Marketing, Communications, Project/Business Management
- 7 years as a marketing and communications specialist fulfilling similar responsibilities as per the key performance criteria
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience as a Marketing Specialist within a professional services firm
- Relevant post-graduate qualification or MBA
Key Performance Areas:
- Manages the implementation of the strategic imperatives in line with service area strategy relating to:
→ Implementation of change initiatives within designated area/s
→ Clear and regular communication with superior and team on implementation status
- Supports own Service Line leadership in carrying out EXCO mandate
- Generates and implements innovative ideas and solutions within area of responsibility in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings
Differentiators for this specific role:
- Client Marketing
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, thought leadership and eminence activities for Financial Advisory in line with industry and client requirements and strategies.
- Managing marketing, communication, branding outputs and marketing budgets
- Assist and support marketing and eminence building activities.
- Creating greater awareness on Deloitte Financial Advisory offerings created via PR, Events, internal and external communication to align with global and local requirements and initiatives.
- Managing and assisting with Client Service Assessment.
- Enhance Deloitte Financial Advisory’s online presence across all platforms
- Development of marketing collateral and branding
- Reporting and measurement of marketing activities
- Draw on all areas of expertise - including basic writing and editing skills, proofreading and design to deliver best in class creative execution, clear communication of objections and timelines
- Identify industry relevant competitions and manage entries and post award campaigns, if applicable
- Project management of various strategic marketing initiatives
- Support the Financial Advisory BUL and LeadCo in planning, directing, managing and coordinating day-to-day business activities, and strategy related projects, working closely alongside the Leadership Team
- Maintain the FA strategic plan, organise and arrange strategy sessions, and ad-hoc analysis and decision support.
- Alignment of Global FA strategies and initiatives
- Preparation of various reports & presentations for Leadership, EXCO and Board meetings
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Fosters broad commitment to our purpose and values; inspires peers and teams to make an impact that matters
- Talent Management - Manages the development of a strong pipeline of talent for current/ future success; owns and drives a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte
- Performance drive - Builds a high performance culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drives outstanding client service, often through large cross-business and/or cross-border teams
- Influence - Builds long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and influencers, and uses highly developed influencing skills to drive impact, often in complex situations
- Strategic Direction - Sets & communicates strategic direction, excites people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success
- Competitive Edge - Anticipates market and competitor trends to develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiate Deloitte with clients
- Inspirational leadership - Leads from the front, acting as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels; promotes a strong sense of loyalty and followership and energizes others to act
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.