Risk Advisory: Internal Controls & Assurance (Internal Audit) - Contract Opportunities- Pipeline
- 2 Pencarrow Crescent, La Lucia Ridge, Durban, KZN, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
We are looking for innovative, dynamic, agile, driven, engaging and proactive contactors to take our Risk Advisory business to the next level. You can expect to manage exciting, client-facing projects and be actively involved in growing our business. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them. You will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients, with real autonomy allowing the development of leadership and management skills with real opportunity to progress and drive your career.
We are looking for experienced Risk Advisory professional at levels from Consultant to Senior Consultant based on knowledge and practical experience.
Qualifications & Experience Required
Appropriate B. Degree or equivalent in the following fields:
- Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Commerce/Accounting/Cost/Auditing/Internal Auditing/Economics
- 3 years working experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrable application knowledge and experience in at least one of the Internal Controls (Incl. financial reporting) and Assurance areas
Other fields relevant to Digital Internal Audit, Business Analysis, Extended Enterprise/contract management, Strategy & Brand
Foundational Professional certification from a recognised professional body relevant for practice in the fields outlined above.
Demonstrable deep expertise and experience in one of the professional fields applicable to Internal Controls and Assurance
Any/ Combination of the below desired experience:
- 5+ Years work experience in another relevant field
- 3 years public sector or government audit experience
- 2 years’ worth of Information Technology Audit experience
- 4+ years working experience in the fields related to the Internal Controls & Assurance business area which include but not limited to:
- Digital Internal Audit
- Controls Optimisation
- Extended Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk & Governance
- Technical expert in specific area and/or industry
- Demonstrated project management skill
- Consulting skills
- Experience in drafting and presenting to clients
- Good report writing skills
- Sound financial knowledge and understanding
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment, Internal Control, preferred
- Good communication skills, good report writing and presentation skills
- Good command of English both writing and speaking
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrates strong ability to synthesize professional principles and standards with IIA Methodology to perform on basic and complex client deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Problem solving ability
- Delivers high quality repetitive work product consistently with little need for escalation and minimal supervision