Risk Advisory - Data Analytics - Senior Consultant - Western Cape
- The Ridge, 6 Marina Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to do scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
Our solutions include:
Main Purpose of Job
As a Senior Consultant you will support the Engagement Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project. Focus on the delivery of client engagements and shares knowledge and experience with others. Understands objectives for clients and aligns own work to objectives.
University degree in mathematics, statistics, information technology or business informatics or computer science, engineering
- At least 3 years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience in a similar environment
- At least 5 years working experience
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- •Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Experience working directly with business users to gather requirements
- Experience drafting functional and technical specifications and documentation
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 2 or more years of professional experience in analytics tools besides Excel (tableau, SAS, SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Able to work directly with clients to explain how analytics will help solve their complex problems
*It is essential that the incumbent resides in the Western Cape*