Audit & Assurance - Audit - Senior Manager
- 2 Pencarrow Crescent, La Lucia Ridge, Durban, KZN, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To support service / business area leadership in the implementation of strategic plan through the effective management of team/s. To support the Partner in delivery of services to / at client premises on specific delegated engagements / project.
- Delivering on challenging audit engagements across the insurance industry
- Sustain Profitability
- Proactively contribute to the business strategies of the firm in all aspects
- Talent Management
- Risk and quality Management
Key Performance areas
- Strategic Impact: Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Client Impact: External/Internal: Manages and maintains oversight of deliverables of team on client engagements
- Operational Effectiveness: Communicates detail of Audit Engagement Agreement to teams and maintains level monitoring of adherence by all parties
- Development/Growth of Team: Shares expertise and knowledge with team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
- Budgets / Profitability: Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
Differentiators for this specific role
- Wining Business: Contributes to the regional and business areas winning business opportunities and targets, including contribution to Industry Manager initiatives and cross service line selling and collaboration
Qualifications & experience required
- CA (SA)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in an Audit Manager role
- Ideally 2+ years as a Senior Audit Manager
- Desired 5 years in a client facing management role
- Extensive audit experience - alignment to specific industry sector within the Firm, shall be determined based on the individual's audit exposure and preference
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Technical and Professional Capabilities
- Stakeholder Focus: Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagement
- Become experts in risk assessments and audit responses: Takes an independent view and contributes heavily in developing and challenging the risk assessment and controls testing strategy and designing appropriate audit responses for risks
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work: Collaborates effectively across Deloitte functions to deliver a seamless audit that is responsive to stakeholder needs
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology: Provides appropriate guidance to the audit team in relation to the application of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the audit
- Manage project plans to optimize engagements: Proactively manages the project plan through efficient use of resources and tracking delivery of assigned tasks, guiding team members’ prioritization
- Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs: Uses judgement and consults appropriately when dealing with complex matters, applying an appropriate level of professional skepticism
- Apply Ethical and Professional Standards: Understands their business security, ethical and compliance responsibilities, displaying best practice and actively encouraging appropriate behaviours of engagement teams
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.