Power Sector Analyst - Fixed Term
- Plot No. 71, Off George Walker Bush Highway, North Dzorwulu, Accra, Ghana
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 334,800 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Deloitte Consulting is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) West Africa Energy Program (WAEP), a four-year Power Africa project to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support. WAEP brings together technical and legal experts, the private sector, and governments from around the world to work in partnership to increase the number of people with access to power in Africa with the goal of advancing development priorities including inclusive economic growth, security, and improved health and education outcomes.
Direct Report: Chief of Party
Deloitte is seeking an experienced Power Sector Analyst to be based in Accra, to support the Program team in the successful implementation of all aspects of the Program’s Work Plan and achievement of the Program’s objective.
The Power Sector Analyst will be responsible for supporting the WAEP technical team and project leadership with a variety of activities including quantitative and qualitative analysis, research, development of presentations and deliverables, and other ad hoc requests. The successful candidate shall perform the following general functions:
- Effectively inspire, lead, manage, and ensure the day-to-day personal performance of all staff under the Employee’s supervision in compliance with the Project Work Plan and the Project administrative and policy manual;
- Lead the development and implementation of the Project’s technical efforts on CLIN 2 (Ghana) Programs.
- Effectively liaise with the CLIN 2 technical teams, cross-cutting team and divisions of USAID on all aspects of the Project Work Plan implementation;
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture;
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest;
- Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy/USAID project directives, whether written or verbal; and
- Perform any and all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of Project goals and objectives.
Specific Tasks Applicable to the Position
- Support Ministry of Energy’s efforts to implement the Energy Sector Recovery Program;
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis and research in support of WAEP activities
- Update the Power Sector Cash Flow model and the ESRP model including building SOE specific cash flow calculations, preparing graphs and charts to be used in summary presentation, conduct quality control reviews of the model and calculations, assist with the verification of inputs, run sensitivity analyses, among others.
- Perform analytical work and draft reports in support of WAEP’s goals of improving the legal and regulatory frameworks for private sector investment;
- Support development of high-quality deliverables and reports including by conducting research, drafting content, visualizing data, and managing the production of deliverables
- Assisting with data collection and analysis for power sector modeling projects (i.e., technology characterizations, regional load and energy demand forecasts, power plant technologies cost and performance, resource assessments, fuel price forecasts)
- Possess Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
- Demonstrated experience conducting analytical work within the energy sector in West Africa
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in energy sector implementation
- Experience working in similar context in Ghana.
- Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
- Strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent on or before 31st March 2021.