Consulting - Manager - ET&P - Finance & Performance
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Main Purpose of Job:
Advise on innovative ways that the Performance Management process and insight delivery effectiveness can be implemented and delivered, leveraging Finance in a Digital World. This includes Core modernization with cloud, process robotics and visualization.
Exponential solutions including advanced analytics, cognitive computing, in-memory computing and blockchain.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor team – ensure capability and capacity matches the pipeline
- Understand F&P market trends considering sub-offerings being finance transformation, digital finance transformation, operational finance & business finance (note that not all will be required). Specialisation in particular areas is a requirement
- Ability to strategically and practically bring finance advisory and technology enablement together to solve real client problems
Finance Transformation & Digital Finance Transformation : Advise and implement strategic choices to help improve the finance function. This includes supporting new businesses models and capabilities, and the identification of opportunities to transform the finance organization leveraging digital technologies.
Operational finance experience: Advise and implement on solutions to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of finance operations such as Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Close Consolidate and Report. Understand and advise how robotics can be used to automate transaction processing, data manipulation and communication across the finance function.
Business finance: Advise on improving finance business partnering & process transformation. Advise and implement FP&A, advanced finance analytics, enterprise performance management, costing & profitability, and advanced statistical forecasting through associated technologies and asset-based solutions.
Technological focus areas include:
- Workday Adaptive Planning / Adaptive Insights
- SAP EPM solutions
- Oracle EPM
Degree in area of speciality
- BCom (Financial)
- BCom (Accounting)
- BCom (Financial Analysis) etc.
- B.Sc. (information Systems) but with a very strong finance background
- BCom (Accounting) – CA(SA)
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people • Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders • Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities Cross-Consulting Capabilities • Delivery Excellence - Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience • Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to comprehend how the client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices • Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
Executive Presence - Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients • Global Mindset - Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery
Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients Specialised Capabilities • Mature Domain Expertise - Ability to apply deep, specialized expertise in a particular product/domain to solve complex business issues
- Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Data Analysis
- Data Integration
- Data Governance
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
- Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Sound mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability