Risk Advisory - Governance Risk & Regulatory/Internal Audit - Assistant Manager - Western Cape
- The Ridge, 6 Marina Road, Portswood District, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, WC, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Governance Regulatory & Risk services help organisations protect and enhance value by managing risks and opportunities, addressing compliance and supporting management and board oversight, including internal audit, through out-of-the-box solutions with the view to turning risks into value-creating opportunities.
Main Purpose of Job
Plan and manage internal audits as well as internal audit functions transformations
Core Professional Technical Capabilities
· Risk Assessment and Mitigation
· Business Process Assessment and Design
· Internal Controls Assessment and Design
· Data Analytics and Technology
· Knows the Business and the Industry
· Sales and Business Development
· Global Mindset
Specialized Technical Capabilities:
Plans and Manages Internal Audits
· Ability to execute internal audits that enable informed decision making
· Works with client’s business and functional leaders to identify areas, owners and processes to audit based on relative risk; plans internal audit cycle accordingly
· Synthesizes internal audit results into prioritized and action-oriented recommendations, considering industry-leading practices; escalate to client’s stakeholders in a timely fashion
· Leverages industry-leading frameworks (e.g. COSO) to design internal audit standard operating procedures that enable an efficient and effective internal audit process
· Maintains an understanding of the latest global developments and regulatory and legal framework within which the organization operates
· Employs a data-driven and innovative approach to identify and communicate opportunities to improve the internal audit process
Plans and Manages Internal Audit Functions Transformations
· Ability to lead teams to establish, develop and improve high-performing Internal Audit functions
· Performs assessments of client’s internal audit function to identify gaps in compliance with IIA Standards, deviations from stakeholder expectations, and opportunities to implement industry-leading practices; uses frameworks, methodologies, and industry knowledge, as appropriate
· Leverages the results of the assessment to develop insight-driven recommendations; guides client team through implementation
Qualifications & experience required
Internal Audit Honours Degree with 5+ years working experience in Internal Audit/Financial Audit/or Quality Assurance Review (QAR) of which a minimum of 2 years experience at managing or assistance of management of teams.
Experience within a professional services industry essential.
Experience in business process and controls.
· CIA/CPA/CCSA is advantageous
· Living Our Purpose: Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
· Talent Development: Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· Performance Drive: Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· Influence: Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· Strategic Direction: Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.