Risk Advisory - Internal Controls and Assurance – Across levels (Contract Position)
- Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2090, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
Supports Engagement Manager in delivery of Internal Audit services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project. Focus on the delivery of client engagements and shares knowledge and experience with others.
· Technical expert in specific area and/or industry
· Demonstrated project management skill
· Consulting skills
· Experience in drafting and presenting to clients
· Good report writing skills
· Sound financial knowledge and understanding
· Business acumen
· Knowledge of Risk Assessment, Internal Control, preferred
· Good communication skills, good report writing and presentation skills
· Good command of English both writing and speaking
· Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
· Demonstrates strong ability to synthesize professional principles and standards with IIA Methodology to perform on basic and complex client deliverables
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
· Strong client delivery focus
· Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
· Focus on quality and risk
· Problem solving ability
. Delivers high quality repetitive work product consistently with little need for escalation and minimal supervision
Appropriate B. Degree or equivalent in the following fields:
· Computer Science/ Information Technology
· Mathematics/ Statistics
· Environmental sciences
6+ years working experience in a relevant field
Demonstrable application knowledge and experience in at least one of the Internal Controls (Incl. financial reporting) and Assurance areas
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.