Internal Client Services - Executive Office - Internal Communications Intern
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
· Human resources
· Information technology
· Marketing and Communications
· Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
Main Purpose of Job
- To support the internal communications team in ensuring that content on the digital displays in the Deloitte South Africa offices are designed and is broadcasting current and appropriate content without disruption as much as is possible.
- To further support the communications team on campaigns; administration tasks; research required; financial management of invoices and publication management and the development of social media assets.
Key Performance Area
- Ensures that the internal communication channel – Digital displays – contribute towards building the brand amongst employees and visitors (especially clients) to the Deloitte offices by timeously publishing relevant and current digital content.
- Package content with the direction of the communication team, so that it reflects the quality and ethical standards of the firm.
Differentiators for this specific role:
Digital display content management
- An understanding of how to package digital content production and broadcasting.
- Graphic design especially for digital content
- Writing copy
- Technical understanding of digital content scheduling and broadcasting systems e.g. Exterity (system which the digital content is hosted on) or willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Ensure that the displays in the Deloitte South Africa offices are broadcasting the correct content according to the content calendar. Troubleshooting where possible.
- Alert ATS (IT department) of displays that are not functioning properly that require technical assistance beyond basic troubleshooting and logging a ticket.
- Track network or display problems and ensure they are resolved.
- Monitor the TV Network email for reports of displays not functioning and resolve issues immediately.
- Create, update, load and schedule playlists for displays that are public according to a content calendar. Share these with the regions (including West, East, Southern Africa) Create, update, load and schedule playlists for displays that are for internal audiences according to content calendars customized per function/service line requirement.
Digital content design and production
- Basic design of digital content (Adobe or Indesign) that is brand compliant, compelling, appropriate and professional.
Further support to the Corporate Affairs team where required:
- To assist with uploading content, pictures, calendar information, videos onto a dedicated portal.
- To liaise with different stakeholders in the business to obtain information required for updating databases, directories etc.
- To assist in taking new pictures of partners as and when required.
- To ensure that picture files of all partners and directors (new and withdrawals) are always up-to-date.
- To assist in collating all new partner information provided, which will be used in various communications.
- To assist with updating the organograms and to ensure that the updates are briefed into the relevant teams.
- To provide full support with Reports produced under Corporate Affairs – this includes, assisting in keeping all the required folders during the year updated.
- To provide support on sourcing of information from new vendors and the process of loading a vendor as a supplier.
- To support in providing briefs to the digital team for intranet or internet changes as well as for any design required on projects.
- To assist in keeping media database contacts up-to-date.
- To assist in formatting templates and creation of new ones as when required according to the firm’s branding guidelines.
- To provide full support on all related projects within the Corporate Affairs team.
- To assist with digital content – social media card design on Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram and Facebook.
- Digital content production
You will need to have the following behavioural competencies:
- Management of responsibilities
- Ability to learn
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities