Risk Advisory - Regulatory Risk - Payments Regulation Senior Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. The Regulatory & Risk services help organisations protect and enhance value by managing risks and opportunities, addressing compliance and supporting management and board oversight, including internal audit, through out-of-the-box solutions with the view to turning risks into value-creating opportunities.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
Deloitte is seeking a Senior Consultant with payment regulations experience. The Senior Consultant specifically needs to have knowledge and experience in payment regulations and developments with adequate skills and knowledge. The Senior Consultant will work under the supervision of the Risk Advisory payments leader.
Main Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the business success of Deloitte and its numerous clients, by applying specialist payment skills and knowledge to how grow the business and client delivery.
· Good understanding of the key players in the payments ecosystem, their roles and different functions in the industry.
· Strong understanding of the payments regulatory environment including the Banks Act, National Payment System Act, SARB Payment Directives, PASA Rules and Standards and Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standards.
· Knowledge about SWIFT, Visa, Mastercard and ISO standards
· Project delivery including the design of appropriate solutions for clients, report writing, business correspondence, develop and deliver client presentations.
· Development of payment-related training material and delivering internal and external training courses.
· Contribute to developing the payments practice by working across the firm to develop marketable payments solutions/offerings, adding to the knowledge base, creating point of views, writing proposals and identifying new opportunities.
· Writing thought leadership articles and developing other marketing materials (e.g. brochures).
Technical Competencies & Abilities Required
- MS Office - Above average MS Excel skills and PowerPoint skills
- Good presentation & facilitation skills
- Completed Business/ BSc Degree
- PASA Certificate in Foundational Payments is advantageous
- Honours / Masters / MBA is advantageous
- 5 years' work experience preferably in a consulting / financial services environment
- Minimum of 3 Years payments-related delivery experience
- Broad/ deep knowledge of payments, payment streams (e.g. electronic, card, wholesale) and channels
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.