CLIN2 Gas and Power Sector Specialist - Fixed Term
- Plot No. 71, Off George Walker Bush Highway, North Dzorwulu., Accra, Ghana
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Government and Public Sector (GPS) is implementing the USAID West Africa Energy Program (WAEP), a 4-year project under Power Africa. The objective of WAEP is to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objective in the West Africa region. WAEP will implement targeted interventions to achieve the following four outcomes:
- Increase the supply of power in West Africa
- Enable expanded end-user connection to the grid
- Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and other relevant national power sector entities
- Accelerate the establishment of a high functioning regional power market
To support WAEP, Deloitte is seeking an experienced, full-time Gas and Power Sector Specialist to be based in Accra, Ghana. The Gas and Power Sector Specialist will provide support to the Ghana (CLIN2) team, supporting the embedded Transaction Advisors.
The Gas and Power Sector Specialist is expected to support gas and power activities in Ghana, as defined in the WAEP Task Order, and engage in the following illustrative interventions:
- Support Ministry of Energy efforts to implement the Energy Sector Recovery Program
- Support power systems planning on modelling generation & transmission planning activities, leveraging the Power Africa Gas Roadmap
- Develop financial and economic models to support energy sector initiatives (such as the proposed Natural Gas Clearinghouse)
- Perform analytical work and draft reports in support of WAEP’s goals of improving the legal and regulatory frameworks for private sector investment
- Participate in review of Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of country portfolio of potential generation and non-generation services investment opportunities
- Bachelor’s and Masters’ degree in economics, engineering, finance or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the upstream and/or midstream energy sector
- Experience working in similar context in West Africa
- Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa and/or with donor agency programs will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent before 30 September 2020.