Internal Client Services - Africa Technology Services - Cloud and Infrastructure: Senior Consultant
- Deloitte, 5 Magwa Crescent, Waterfall City, Waterfall, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
- As Africa Technology Services (ATS), our objective is to provide the firm and our people with the means, knowledge and technical support to fulfil our professional responsibilities. The ATS division serves as a support function at Deloitte and is comprised of the following teams:
- PMO – Project Management Office
- BMS – Business Management Services
- SAP – Systems, Applications and Products
- IAAS - Infrastructure as a service
- BSASI – ATS Business Analysis
- CAD - Centre of Application Development
- USS – User Support Services
We are committed to empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. We are connected by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value, and strength from cultural diversity.
About the Job
The Deloitte Africa in the Cloud services require the following individual:
- We are in need of high-powered technical talent to help our Business Units with their client solutions to navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing (Infrastructure as a Service and Compute as a Service.
- He/she will be the principal technical advisor and work one-on-one with our business units, capturing the technical requirements, and relay it into a service offering supporting both the software development lifecycle (Operating systems and database software) for cloud services and management of active services.
- In this role, he/she will have the opportunity to help shape and execute the strategy to build Deloitte Africa Cloud services and broad use of AWS and Azure cloud platforms.
- He/she will be the primary technical point of contact for all the internal Business units helping to plan and oversee ongoing operations of client infrastructure and databases.
- He/she will be troubleshooting network, compute and architectural challenges using a suite of internal Deloitte Cloud AWS and Azure tools as well as your existing knowledge and toolkits.
- He/she will work hand-in-hand with the senior manager on opportunities to improve the customers’ IT landscape.
- He/she will work across the organization to ensure’ infrastructure as a service architecture is designed to standards and scale to the needs of the business units.
- He / she will be a self-motivated person that can drive and execute delivery.
Additionally, this position will require possible on-call/after-hour for directing queries for clients.
Key Performance Areas:
- Is primary contact for management to deal with needs and queries relation to the area of expertise
- Offers expert input to management on area of specialisation which impacts the broader business / service area’s strategic offering
- Maintains quality and timeous delivery as per SLA
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Consults effectively with client on their specific business needs / requirements, identifies suitable concepts and solutions that address these
- The direct liaison for the cloud environment between the client and the Vendor
- Advises on best strategy to assist with meeting the internal client needs
- Independently produces work that relates to the area of expertise with minimal direction from superiors
- Work output has a significant impact the daily and longer term working of the business area/s
- Delivers usable expert advice and knowledge to the business in area of expertise
- Works within both short and longer-term timelines which change regularly due to the strategic influence of the role within the business
Budget / Profitability
- Manages expenditure within team and ensures time and expenses are submitted weekly
- Ensure input is provided to Senior Manager for correctness of billing
- Ensure input is provided to Senior Manager for correctness of recoveries in the business unit
- Server Infrastructure and Virtualisation experience - Technical expert in broad area and/or industry
- Demonstrated project management skill
- Client Management skills
- Vendor Management skills
- Experience in drafting and presenting to clients
- Good report writing skills
- Microsoft Certified Engineer
- AWS Certification
- Business acumen
- System Administration Hands-on troubleshooting
o DevOps experience in a distributed systems environment
- Servers, Network and Security, or related discipline required or equivalent work experience.
Breadth of experience in the following areas with depth in one or more subject:
- Internet technologies including HTTP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, TLS/SSL, DHCP, SSH, etc.
- Systems Administration (Linux and/or Windows)
- Software design, development and deployment
- Content Distribution / CDN
- Scripting / Automation
- Databases (relational and non-relational)
- IT Security
- Routing and VPN protocols
- Big Data & Analytics (Hadoop/streaming data/machine learning) Beneficial
- Operations Management & infrastructure design
- Service Oriented Architecture
Previous customer-facing experience as a technical lead, with exceptional oral and written communication skills, customer focus and bias for action
Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
Experience managing operational environments including escalations, incident, problem, and service availability
Working knowledge of development methodologies
- Technical Degree / Technical Qualifications (e.g. MCSE) / Cloud Certification (Azure or AWS)
- 6 -8 years’ in IT Infrastructure, Network and Security field.
- Client facing experience with some supervisory/management role
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities