Financial Accounting & Operations Manager - Business Process Solutions
- Civic Towers, Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Victoria Island, Lagos, LA, Nigeria
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
About Business Process Solutions
Deloitte has various tools to help deliver excellent and flexible services to our esteemed clients. Our business process tool, “IndustryPrint” stands out.
Our services include:
- Accounting and Financial Advisory
- Book keeping and accounting service
- Financial statements preparation
- Audit readiness, assessments and assistance
- Conversion from local GAAP to IFRS
- IFRS Advisory Service
- Business Intelligence
- Fixed Asset Management Services
- Account Reconciliation and Reconstruction
- Supply Chain Management
- Finance Fitness Assessment
- Business Controlling
- Deloitte Academy
As a Manager in BPS, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to market initiatives.
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of Accounting and Transaction Advisory projects including Technical Accounting opinions under IFRS
- Supervise finance outsourcing projects and manage personnel under the Finance Secondment Services
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and supervise delivery of finance transformation projects such Business Process Remapping, Finance Unit Re-engineering advisory services
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Serve clients and/or support local office teams as the opportunity arises
- Must have ACA/ACCA or an equivalent professional qualification and possess a minimum 6 years of relevant work experience with public companies
- Must possess strong accounting & advisory technical skills (GAAP, securities and regulatory perspectives) and solid knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros/cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching accounting standards and related interpretive guidance
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Candidate should demonstrate experience and ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and trade secret of the organisation.
- Evidence of knowledge and training on basic employee information security guidelines is also required.
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Application deadline: Tuesday, 07 April 2020