Consulting - Strategy & Operations-USAID Boresha Afya Program -IT Associate 2 - Service Delivery
- Haile Selassie Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda. Deloitte Tanzania has an exciting opportunity for three (3) suitably qualified individuals to join our USAID Boresha Afya Program as IT Associate 2 - Service Delivery in our Mtwara, Morogoro and Ruvuma offices.
About the Program
The USAID Boresha Afya is a five year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) program supported by the American People through United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program is implemented by Deloitte Consulting Limited in 43 councils of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma regions with its technical partners; Family Health International (FHI360), EngenderHealth and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal and Neo Natal Child Health (MNCH), Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
Main Purpose of Job
Provide IT technical support to the Program staff at Headquarters and the regions as well as the sub grantees, which includes technical support, security compliance, patch management and asset management and disposal.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies;
- Assist with setup and installation of new laptops/ PC’s for users and test configurations prior to installation;
- Log tickets in the Service desk system for calls, requests, enquiries and incidents; allocate to the responsible personnel; and ensure that all issues are resolved and tickets are closed;
- Provide technical support to program staff and troubleshoot both software and hardware issues by performing root cause analysis;
- Monitor the availability and quality of the network connection at Headquarters and the regions on a daily basis;
- Provide secondary support in scheduling, monitoring and logging server backups on a daily basis;
- Support Grants Management System for both end user and back end issues;
- Ensure compliance to Deloitte IT policy standards such as patch management and IT security protocols;
- Provide Internet Protocol (IP) network support and troubleshoot network issues;
- Carry out assessments on the IT asset quality, provide maintenance and recommendations on replacements for the program;
- Assist with the installation, configuration and updating of hardware and software such as memory, network cards, adapter cards and printers;
- Provide support in the management and disposal of IT assets for the Program and prepare the relevant documentation;
- Train Program staff on IT matters as required;
- Provide secondary support for the Analytics system;
- Prepare reports on specific projects undertaken;
- Develop technology solutions upon request for the Program;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of one year’s relevant working experience
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power point, etc.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
-Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Strategic Direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and set priorities and direction
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
To the successful candidates the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 26 January 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or give favours as part of the recruitment process.