Consulting - Strategy & Operations - USAID Boresha Afya Project - Driver
- Haile Selassie Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.Deloitte Tanzania has exciting opportunities for six (6) suitably qualified individuals to join the USAID Boresha Afya Program in the position of a Driver in our Mufindi (1), Mtwara(3), Njombe (1) and Tunduru (1) offices. The Candidates should be currently residing in the mentioned regions.
About the Program
The USAID Boresha Afya is a five year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) program supported by the American People through United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program is implemented by Deloitte Consulting Limited in 43 councils of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma regions with its technical partners; Family Health International (FHI360), EngenderHealth and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal and Neo Natal Child Health (MNCH), Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for driving staff and supplies, maintaining and ensuring safety of the Program vehicles; and complying with road safety.
This position reports directly to the Head Driver.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
- Inspect the assigned vehicle on a daily basis and notify the Head Driver of any mechanical fault;
- Check that the vehicle is clean, in good condition and ready for use at all times;
- Drive program vehicles transporting staff;
- Transport goods and supplies as scheduled by the Head Driver;
- Dispatch and collect documents to and from stakeholders and other organizations;
- Fill in the logbook with information on trips, distance covered, vehicle maintenance;
- Maintain a record of fuel consumption in the vehicle logbook for and preparation of the monthly fuel consumption report;
- Carry out routine maintenance of the vehicle as per schedule;
- Ensure that vehicle is parked in a safe place as required;
- Check that the vehicle has valid statutory documents;
- Notify the Head Driver upon emergency or occurrence of any incidence regarding the vehicle;
- Comply with road regulations as well as USAID and Deloitte fleet policies and regulations;
- Prepare advance requests, retirements and travel reports for trips;
- Provide auxiliary/ administrative support to staff during field visits if required;
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of three years relevant working experience as a Driver, preferably experience from USAID or other Donor Funded programs;
- Ordinary level education
- Driving Certificate from the Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA) or the National Institute of Transport;
- A valid driving license;
- Currently residing in Mufindi,Mtwara,Ruvuma and Tunduru.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Basic computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power point, etc.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
-Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Strategic Direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and set priorities and direction.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
To the successful candidates the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 26 January 2020