Legal/Regulatory & Electricity Market Expert - Fixed Term (Ref No: DTT-221219-04)
- Plot No. 71, Off George Walker Bush Highway, North Dzorwulu.Box GP 453, Accra, Ghana, Accra, Accra, Ghana
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Ghana’s power sector. The objective of programme is to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objectives in selected countries in the West Africa region.
Direct Report: Chief of Party
The Legal/Regulatory & Electricity Market Expert will liaise STTAs and other consultants and will be responsible for developing the projects technical, administrative, and project management methodologies, assembling the project team, and driving results.
The Legal/Regulatory & Electricity Market Expert is expected to engage in the following illustrative interventions:
- Develop and operationalize priority policies and reforms within the Ministry of Energy
- Support the Energy Commission (EC), Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) and the Ministry of Energy (MoEn) in implementing key reforms to improve the power sector’s technical reliability and financial solvency, and speed transition to a Wholesale Electricity Market
- Work with Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) and Ministry of Energy (MoEn) to define and implement leading practices for transparent tariff determination
- Drive development of, and build support for, an Energy Sector Recovery Program to help stabilize sector finances
- Lead Intermediate Result to build capacity and support for institutional development throughout the electricity sector in Ghana utilizing USAID-tested capacity development methodology, CYPRESS
- Work to create a partnership with one or more of Ghana’s leading Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) such as the Africa Center for Energy Policy, KITE and Imani Ghana, on an electricity monitoring project.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B. Tech., etc.) Master’s degree in economics, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
- Minimum of 7 years in the energy sector, 8-10 years preferred
- Experience working in similar context in West Africa region
- Previous experience with donor agency programs
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Ability to respond on short notice and plan and execute several activities at once
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent on or before Monday, 6 January 2020.