- Nairobi School Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across five (5) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Finance team as an Accounts Associate. The person will be responsible for maintaining and recording financial transactions into the company's general ledger and subsidiary ledgers and various reporting functions.
- Processing and recording of transactions on ledger.
- Preparing general ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Assists with the periodic management reporting.
- Perform cost analysis and provide feedback to the business.
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and targeting process.
- Assists in preparation of supporting documentation for internal and external audits.
- Support in Finance related projects assigned from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the service industry.
- Excellent analytical skills
- MS Office – especially advanced MS Excel
- Good planning and organization skills
- CPA – K will be an added advantage.
- SAP experience will be an added advantage.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Influence - Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Performance drive - Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Strategic direction - Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Talent development - Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 19th December 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.